Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Nexus 7 apps
  • Cougar

So yeah. I know the ‘what apps’ threads have been done to death, but I’ve a slightly different question here.

I’ve got a Nexus 7 for Christmas, but I’ve had a few Android phones in the past so I’m not new to the OS format. My phone is loaded with all the usual suspect games and applications.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Android games or applications specifically for the (7″) tablet format rather than a phone.

So far I’ve found Say What You See (playable on the phone, just about, but it really needs a tablet) and there’s a Tegra ‘marketplace’ type app where I found a really rather impressive pinball game. Any more must-haves?

clubber
    Free Member

osmos HD

spirit

Cougar

Ah, good point, I’ve got the Humble Bundle, that has Osmos in it.

Never heard of Spirit, I’ll go look. Ta.

Cougar

Looks like Geometry Wars. Which is no bad thing.

No demo though. Hm.

clubber
    Free Member

you can demo anything for 30mins for free on Google play iirc

clubber
    Free Member
    Russell96

If you are a Bitmap Bros fan then Z Orgins (Z Steel Soldiers) is available and is a good RTS. Demolition Inc HD is good fun too.

Cougar

Wow, Bitmap Bros? Now, if they released Xenon and Speedball…

Cougar

Holy crap, Speedball is on there… \o/ get in.

colournoise

Speedball FTW! Thanks for the heads up.

kayak23

Logo quiz, icon pop quiz’ pool master pro….

Incidentally, sorry to be off topic but I also got a nexus and e was wondering if when you use it on this forum and on Facebook, when you touch a text box, the keyboard obscures the text box so you have no idea what is being typed?
    Really annoying…

Cougar

The icon quizzes I’ve got on the phone, will check out the pool tho.

In answer to your question, “no” – try a different keyboard maybe?

colournoise

Text box thing not happening here. When I ‘click’ into a text box the keyboard pops up as usual and the screen behind automatically moves to keep the text area visible above it.

Haze

Keyboard pops up then the screen shifts to show the text field.

On very rare occasions the second bit doesn’t happen, usually cured by hitting the down arrow to hide the keyboard and tapping in the field again.

zippykona

How is everyone getting on with their 7s? Thinking of getting one. I just play scrabble and look at this website. Can you post pictures on here easily?

Bez

GTA3 is worth having if it’s still on offer. Machinarium and Tiny Bang Story are both great iPad games and should be good on the Nexus. Contre Jour is quite lovely too. If you used to be a Spectrum owner then Marvin is nice in 7″ format.

clubber
    Free Member

Opera mini is a very good browser for stw and many other sites because of the way it caches pages meaning you can dip in and back from threads without constantly having to reload the main page. only downside is that it doesn’t run flash (opera mobile does)

househusband

Just started the 432MB download for GTA3; 69p so still on offer!

@zippykona; getting on really well with my Nexus 7! Haven’t tried posting any photos from my flickr yet but then I do prefer to link direct to the image URL rather than the flickr HTML or bb code.

athgray
    Free Member

I am a fan of ‘Cut the Rope’.

Try Beach Buggy Blitz – awesome for the money (free)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Nexus 7 is a great bit of kit. A few games that I like:

Dead Trigger – 1st person zombie shooter
    Dark Meadow – adventure type game
    Brave Smart – puzzle game
    Nun Attack – bit strange but fun!
    Hill Climb Racer – simple but addictive

Shadowgun THD shows graphics off really well, was on offer under a quid, probably back up again now though.

Flipboard also really good newsreader that works well on the tablet.

jonba
    Free Member

Nexus media thingy that lets you use a USB stick!

The camera app.

Need for speed was worth the 70p I paid. GTA3 and Vice city were kicking about.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Some of these are repeats from others but my list of apps that are great on N7:
    -Beach Buggy Blitz
    -Samurai 2 vengeance
    -Dead trigger and Zombie
    -SummitX (snowboard game)
    -Feedly (awesome rss feed reader)
    -Flipboard
    -Pocket
    -TrialX2

Some of these aren’t N7 specific but lend themselves to the slightly bigger screen. There are also tablet specific app stores like ‘Tablified Market’ or you can search for ‘THD’ which gives you Tegra games.

ampthill

Kids loved “wind up Knight”

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Pixlr Express – very good image editing app that is great on the tablet. Coupled with an SD reader and USB otg cable I don’t need the laptop when I travel now.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m thinking of a case for when I travel – anyone got one they’d recommend?

jamiep
    Free Member
    Cougar

I got this for mine. Can’t fault it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008GSMRAY/

clubber
    Free Member

just what I was after. thanks.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 7 apps’ is closed to new replies.