Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Nexus 4 v Moto G – real battery life
  • andyl
    Free Member

Looking for a budget phone, can either get a slightly used Nexus 4 or a new Moto G. Both 16GB, Nexus 4 has NFC and possibly faster data as well as being a bit faster and slimmer etc.

But hearing tails or woe about about N4 battery and joy from Moto G. But a lot depends on the users habits and expectations so wondering if anyone has/has had both.

chojin
    Free Member

I’d go for the Moto G every day of the week if they’re about the same price.
    It’s by far the newer phone, not to mention will have a warranty too.

spooky_b329

I have a Nexus 4, wife has recently got a Moto G. She is lazy and leaves the Wifi and often the GPS turned on, seems to be pretty good on battery.

I would probably go for it over the Nexus when its due for renewal. The back cover is removal on the Moto (although battery not) and the Genuine Moto cases replace the back cover and add a flip cover over the screen which avoids the bulk you normally get with a separate case.

I don’t think the MotoG does 4g but the price plans are a rip off anyway. I paid £129 from Tesco I think, added something to get to £150 to qualify for a £20 off deal and then got an unlock code within 10 minutes on ebay for £2

miketually
    Free Member

The biggest battery killer on my phone is the screen. The Moto G has a slightly smaller screen, so should get more battery life, assuming all else equal.

Having said that, a colleague had the Nexus 4 and didn’t ever mention battery life issues.

IIRC, the MotoG has same specs has Nexus 4, but just 1GB of RAM rather than 2. My Galaxy Nexus has 1GB of RAM and runs fine; and that’s on Jelly Bean, KitKat is friendlier to low RAM devices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 4 v Moto G – real battery life’ is closed to new replies.