Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nexus 4 tips & tricks
  • spooky_b329

Had my Nexus 4 over a month now but reckon I’m missing out on a lot of the features.

Only last week did I really discover Google Now (like Siri) and today, that dragging down the notifications bar with two fingers rather than one takes you straight into the settings.

I’ve yet to look at Daydream, and haven’t even looked into adding widgets to the lock screen…

Stoner
    Free Member

Grouping apps and naming the group?

spooky_b329

Ah thats one I did know from my Desire 🙂

ryderredman
    Free Member

App Called dashclock? You can add it to your lockscreen. BTW whatever you add to the left of your camera lock screen will be the default when you wake the screen.

Google MyTracks?
    Airdroid?

Tell google now to do a barell roll, you wont regret it

shadthebad
    Free Member

Try using location based reminders in Google Now. For example, “Remind me in Tesco to buy milk”. Very useful.

JohnnyPanic

Press & hold volume down & power button simultaneously to take a screenshot.

Just Google tips & tricks nexus 4. You’ll find loads.

jekkyl

Keep it in the back right pocket of your cycling jersey when you fall off on some ice in winter and the stupid back glass plate turns into spider Web like lines & cracks. 😐

kayak23

How about removing the Google search thing from the home screens? My mum has one and keeps pressing it by mistake. It’s on every screen and you can’t drag it away like apps..

mark90
    Free Member

You can disable the Google Search app in the app settings, this will stop the search on the homne screens working, unfortunately it doesn’t remove the icons from the screen. Think it would need a custom home screen launcher for that. Well that seems to be the case on a Nexus 7, a 4 should be similar.

deviant
    Free Member

I was able to hold and drag the Google search bar away and off screen on my Nexus-S and Nexus-7.

Dont know why you cant on a Nexus-4?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 4 tips & tricks’ is closed to new replies.