Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Nexus 4 and droid 4.3. Anyone with issues.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bagged myself a bargain Nexus 4 from google but when I updated the thing to 4.3 the playstore keeps closing which plays havoc with the apps. I have flashed slimbean which ran great and then flashed it back to 4.2.2 and all is fine again. It has to be 4.3. Has anyone else had this or is it just me.?

nickjb
    Free Member

Mine and the wife’s have both been fine with the first 4.3 update (a few weeks ago?) and the recent one this week.

edhornby

No issues on nexus here

allthepies
    Free Member

Just picked mine up and the 4.3 update is loading now 😯

Will report back 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

updated to 4.3 last week. Been fine.
    New you tube app functionality is about all I’ve noticed yet though.

eskay

No problems with mine, been running for about a week now.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There are a few threads out there about it on techy forums, I must be one of the unlucky ones.

allthepies
    Free Member

and….I’m back in the room.

All seems OK on 4,3 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

got links neilsonwheels?

MikeG

I had real signal issues with the first 4.3 update, as in no signal in the house at all – I do live in the sticks and signal was always marginal before. After the second update signal strength is better but if it looses signal I either have to reboot or cycle airplane mode to get it back. No issues at all in good signal areas.
    Contemplating rolling back to 4.2.2 if it’s possible.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Contemplating rolling back to 4.2.2 if it’s possible.

A lot easier than it looks…

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2010312

JohnnyPanic

‘Scan a barcode’ disappeared a while back, but that was a previous update I think.

deviant
    Free Member

Mine was delivered yesterday and Android 4.3 started to download as i was setting the phone up and syncing my apps and contacts across from my Gmail account, this seemed to cause the phone a huige amount of confusion and it shut down (but restarted) a couple of times….in doing so some apps didnt carry across so i had to manually download them again from Google Play.

Since then the phone has been great, charged it up yesterday and have been running wifi in the house, GPS on, push email enabled etc, made a few calls, sent some texts, browsed the internet and the charge dropped by 10% in 4 hours which isnt bad, it will certainly give a good days usage once the battery has been through a few cycles….i switched it off last night and havent bothered to charge it again, its at work with me now and it’ll be interesting to see if it can make it through today on its first charge too.

Oh, nearly forgot…its stunning, reassuringly weighty in the hand, glass front and back and no physical buttons on the front just a beautiful black screen, i can see why iPhone fans get excited about the build quality on their devices.

Even though there are now better specced phones out i love having stock Android and could stare at this thing for hours!

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

hmm
    Had mine since Februaryish … been ok on this update thought

But now you’re making me think about it the ebay app has been running a little slow this week and twice said ‘no connection’ even though it’s max wifi. But that’s probably all I’ve noticed.

daveh
    Free Member

No issues here. EBay had problems earlier in the week so i’d say that was a different issue.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I found I had some slightly random events after the 4.2.2 update, but 4.3 appears to be rather better. I seem to have picked up some interface speed and general slickness with 4.3.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 4 and droid 4.3. Anyone with issues.?’ is closed to new replies.