Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • nexus 4
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

I noticed quite a few people bought a nexus 4 over the last few weeks and I’m just wondering what people think of them.in particular 8g or 16g.
    thank Ed

bonchance
    Free Member

really very good. Downside is I now notice the tardy 3g service and spend more time fiddlin with phone.. Get 16GB unless you really can’t stretch to it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Its a great phone. Does lots of things well. I have the 16gb and have used more than half. Mostly maps, pics and music. The wife had the 8gb which seems to be enough as she is more of a casual user although she is using it for non phone stuff a lot more than her old phone. To be honest if I had more memory I’d probably put on extra music that I’d never listen too. If I had less I wouldn’t miss it. The cloud integration is very good.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Very smooth phone, fast and powerful with a ‘plain’ Android interface and great screen. Quite large and possibly fragile due to glass both sides.

If you plan to store stuff locally or play games go for the big version as it’s not upgradeable.

Great value on a sim only deal.

Very happy with mine 3 months in.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Good phone, very fast/smooth, very easy to root downsides are non replaceable battery and non expandable storage and for me no led notification. Phone + Sim only deal over two years will be £20ish a month. Go for 16gig.

nickjb
    Free Member

no led notification

Is your’s not working? It’s just above the usb socket

disco_stu
    Free Member

I’m looking to upgrade from my ageing HTC Desire, what’s the camera like on the Nexus 4?

rj2dj
    Free Member

I upgraded from HTC Desire – camera is far superior on the Nexus 4. Haven’t used the fancy photosphere thing yet, but really like the way you can access the settings by dragging around the circle – quite different to any other interface i’ve seen and really intuitive and easy to use.

Generally speaking the phone is excellent – you’ll love the extra room for installing apps over the HTC desire – that was driving me insane!

Bimbler
    Free Member

no led notification

Hmmm, I just get the pulsing white when I get a message – is it meant to do more – never seen the green light.

Apparently there’s a whole world of LED Apps – off to see if mine is borked.

Edit – I too changed from a Desire which was pretty fine tuned (rooted, etc) and did everything I wanted to do but the Desire is a step up in all regards, the Camera absolutely plops on the Desire’s – so much faster.

Bimbler
    Free Member

no led notification

Hmmm, I just get the pulsing white when I get a message – is it meant to do more – never seen the green light.

Apparently there’s a whole world of LED Apps – off to see if mine is borked.

Phew all works, Light Flow is a pretty good app but an eye watering bunch of permissions, which they say they need to have to make the app work for different notifications etc – makes sense I guess

Leant a few things from this video

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-4dpYAZes[/video]

Freester

Bought my Missus one. She’s on a sim only deal.

Great phone. It just works. Miles better than the HTC pile o’sh*te it replaced. The vanilla Android interface is great also.

Just go for the 8GB unless you store a shed load of music / photos on the phone.

Bear in mind OS takes up 2.5-3GB so you have around 5gb to play with (on the 8GB version).

joemarshall
    Free Member

I have a second one, after the first met a watery grave in a swimming pool. That was a bad day at work to say the least.

I’d agree with everyone else it is jolly nice, and I would say nicer than the more expensive Galaxy S3 that I also have.

I still use a Desire as my personal phone (rooted and all that, running some kind of stock android), because it is nice to know that if I break it, an exactly the same replacement would cost about £5 to £10 on ebay. It also satisfies my general urge not to buy too much electronic junk to have kept the same phone for three whole years.

joemarshall
    Free Member

double post

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The slipperiest phone in the world. Put it on anything other than a table top and it ends up on the floor.

Bumper or cover that stays attached to the phone recommended.

nickjb
    Free Member

The slipperiest phone in the world

This is true. I read this mentioned a few times in reviews and thought WTF are they on about but mine will slowly slide off the arm of the sofa if it is not in its rubber case.

joemarshall
    Free Member

The slipperiest phone in the world

Yes, stupid fashion for glass backs on phones. iPhones and their shiny backs started it. Was stupid then and is stupid now. But it looks fancier and more expensive than plastic, so there it is.

vrapan
    Free Member

Had one for a few weeks trying to see if I can get on with Android after 5 years or so with iPhones.

If you get on with Android (ie had Android phones in the past) then the Nexus 4 is the best phone for the money you can get that is a fact.

I returned back to my iPhone because I couldnt get along with Android but also because the Nexus 4 despite is greatness it is not as well built as the iPhone 5 and chances are that the HTC One will be much better than the Nexus 4 as well.

The phone is very slippery and feels big. Near the top of the screen the glass with a bit of pressure caves in a bit, despite its processor the version of Chrome was very jumpy (might have been sorted with the new version of Chrome). The screen was nice but not as nice as the iPhone though in my opinion better than the S3. To me it generally felt a bit cheap on the hand.

Having said that if I liked Android and couldn’t afford the HTC One, I’d get a 16GB Nexus 4 without a doubt.

teethgrinder

I got a 16GB to relace my Nokia N9.

Gutted when it died on me in Amsterdam, but I’m finding the Nexus 4 to be a very worthy replacement.

Case-wise, I bought this to prevent it slipping off of the flattest of surfaces.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘nexus 4’ is closed to new replies.