Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nextie carbon rims experiences
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Having managed to break my. Rear rim this weekend (cack handed riding) i’m I. The market for a new one.

I torn between lb carbons and nexties largely due to being able t get the nexties from a uk source (i assume they very them in to order but a uk point of sale is a good thing at a good rate as opposed to buying direct with lb ones for minimal saving.

Had anyone got any experience of the nexties to help me make muy decision?

Cheers

russyh
    Free Member

Not first hand experiences, but I ride occasionally with the importer. The latest iteration of the nextie carbon rim is lovely, the spokes are not terminated in the centre of the rim(sorry not aware of what they officially call that type of spoke position). I have ridden with some of the boys on these rims and they rave about them. That’s if you are talking about fat bike rims, I have not seen any of their standard rims anywhere out on a trail. The only thing that puts me off them is the gopping decals. However I am told they do stealth rims also

igm

I like my Nexties, but be aware they are very (very) tight rims. If you run tight tyres you will enjoy the 45 minutes or so it takes to get them on and off.

Daffy

I’ve got three sets – asymmetric 29er, 29+ Jungle Fox and 650b. All ace.

dovebiker

Been running Nextie rims for nearly 2 years – bought mine direct from China. Rims weren’t perfect due to poor spoke drilling but have held-up fine. I’m currently in the market for wider carbon rims but will not buy Nextie – you can buy the same rim direct from other sellers in China for $250/rim with a warranty so what are you paying £300/rim for? Plenty of other reputable carbon rims available from China, they’re nothing special

Daffy

Who’s paying £300 a rim?

dovebiker

That’s a UK sellers listed price – one of the 3 ‘official’ UK dealers

mattyfez

Yeh £300 a rim is a joke, I paid £650 for an LB fully built wheelset on hope hubs about a year ago, including all import fees. But I understand the exchange rate is worse at the moment.

LB hookless are also very tight, getting a brand new 2.1 unstreched tyre on them is a real pain. 2.4 seemed to go on easier.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback. Certainly the price I’ve seen listed is a lot less than 300, slightly more than the lb ones assuming i don’t get “caught” for duties, in practice I’d rather pay a little* more and know I’m not dodging the exchequer. Given the general consensus seems good i think I’ll probably give them a bash.

rickmeister

Bought a second set of ICAN Carbon wheels based on the performance of the first set over a year.

90mm Carbon rims
    Easy tubeless set up
    170 / 190 /197 hub
    Qr or 15mm
    Proprietary cartridge bearings, standard sizes, well greased
    Shimano or XD freehub

£550 delivered to my door in 10 days, thats full wheels, not just rims
    Super responsive from the factory, replies in 30 mins usually.

The last set have done beaches, alps, torridon and have run straight and true.
    Can supply a contact in China if you need one.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think I’d probably go for the ican were I looking for full wheels but it seems daft to replace a perfectly good hope for no reason, at 210 ish gpb “from” the uk i think I’ll take a pop on the nexties given the above feedback but thanks for the offer

Daffy

Annoyingly, you now can’t buy Nextie Rims from China. You have to go through their UK distributor (Slam) and pay the markup…looks like I won’t be buying any more Nextie rims…

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve been running 65mm ICAN rims for the past few months, and can’t fault them.
    I’ve given them a hammering in Wales and the Lakes most weekends too.
    I had to pay import tax, so it worked out about £160 per rim- but for the difference it made, I think was money well spent.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve had two sets of Nextie rins on my bikes for a year. One tubular disc set on my crosser and one clincher set with basalt braking surface on my road bike. Optically the quality looks good and they have both run true. I have had a problem with the riad bike rear rim in that it warped whilst descending in th Alps. But Nextie have warrantied it without fuss abd I’m waiting for the replacement now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nextie carbon rims experiences’ is closed to new replies.