Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Next stage up from Islabikes – Small mountain bike
  • rendo
    Free Member

My oldest daughter has just about outgrown her beinn 26 small. initially i just thought about ordering the large version (the small will be passed down to the our youngest and the beinn 20 sold).
    I now see that frog have appeared and they look pretty good in comparison, and the equivalent (Frog 69) is by far cheaper.

But i’m now considering whether i should just have a look at small ladies entry mountain or hybrid bikes. Any recommendations? What puts me off a mountain bike is the weight of forks on a cheaper bike so for that reason i’d probably be looking for a rigid bike, and for the same reason i like the 1×9 speeds on the beinn and frog.

thoughts please

AlexSimon

We struggled
    In the end we put my 11yo on a Decathlon 8.1 and changed the fork spring for an extra soft.

Other options were the Boardman small women’s (even though he’s a boy) and a Genesis Core.

Very happy with the Decathlon

But it’s all a bit of a leap up in price, mainly because it’s hard to find ones without cheap pogo-stick forks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Next stage up from Islabikes – Small mountain bike’ is closed to new replies.