Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Next MTB Niche?
  • core

Edd Hawkes: How I started extreme mountain unicycling
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-39307371

Mad skillz yo, sick edit. Actually bloody impressive, don’t think I’ll be trying it!

cookeaa

Been about for years, seen a couple doing mayhem before…

Quite impressive, but then again, circus nerds can start to grate after a while…

cookeaa

Been about for years, seen a couple doing mayhem before…

Quite impressive, but then again, circus nerds can start to grate after a while…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

From the guy in the video:

“Most people’s only contact with unicycles is where they see it in a circus and it’s automatically associated with clowns,” he says.

From watching the video:

…, circus nerds can start to grate after a while…

Seems like unicyclists have an image problem. And that’s from other cyclists. Wait until the Daily Heil get wind of this new psycho-clown craze sweeping our Countryside! – ‘We’ve found cyclists who are so annoying that they even annoy regular lycra-loonies!’

Reader poll on so-called ‘unicyclsts’. Should they:
    A: Roam free in our Countryside on a single clown-wheel (with neither a bicycle bell or a license?)
    B: Keep their annoying nerdy show-offy clown-‘sport’ in the big top where it belongs?
    C: Buy a proper bike?
    D: Grow up and buy a car?

Satire apart, I did meet (to photograph) a municyclist once – got the impression he was just a regular bloke. I see it (municycling) as some kind of extreme fixie option – offroad. Challenging, to say the least.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Next MTB Niche?’ is closed to new replies.