Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Next England footie manager?
  • ctk
    Free Member

Shearer wants the job. I find Shearer incredibly boring as a prem league pundit but he’s been entertaining during these Euros.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ally McCoist is looking for a job.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pardew?
    Shearer might be decent at it, at least he can rattle off some good tales about when he was getting to Semi Finals…
    Gazza as his number 2, he needs something to concentrate on at the moment (and the cash)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Seriously though, Englands failings are 2 fold imo, 1) not recognizing that individually they’re not a team of world beaters and responding to that by developing a strong team work ethic and playing as a team. 2) The same critiism leveled at the manger. If he knows the players aren’t world class he needs world class tactics and be able to instill the ‘play as a team’ work ethic. England failed on both fronts. The lack of tactical nous, ideas and game plan, combined with a feeling that not all the player were really playing their heart out for the jersey needs to be rectified.

dannybgoode

I just hope the FA have a plan for this mess…

jimster01

They have two years to prepare for the world cup,plenty of time…

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Big Sam for me.

He would be perfect for tournament football.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Of course they do, just like those jolly Brexiter chaps do.

moonsaballoon

Hiddink would seem a good option for me . I think England problem is a mental one , pretty good in qualifiers and friendlys but can’t do it when there is a bit of pressure . Last night’s team was fairly inexperienced but then you look to your captain and most experienced players and last night Rooney was awful and the only saves Hart made we’re right at him .
    Walker , rose , Ali , Kane , sturridge , wilshere and dier are all good players but they need a coach who can make them into a team . That might be a quarter final out on penalties team but that’s better than Roy has managed

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

😀

brassneck

We only have till October, that’s when the qualifiers begin. Not confident about that!

I reckon we need Roy Keane. That badger losing beard .. wild eyes .. plus actually being good .. you’d be too **** scared to lose.

martinhutch

Glenn Hoddle. How can we have overlooked that stroke of genius. What could possibly go wrong?

I think Danny Baker has GH summed up on his excellent, measured twitter feed.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Me.

Dear F.A.

As a manager of school football teams and championship wins I wish to be considered for the vacancy.

I’m happy to receive £3 million per year before you find out that I have no idea what I’m doing.

Cheers,

Frankenstein.

martinhutch

I think you’re a bit overqualified, TBH.

martinhutch

Has anyone considered Steve McClaren again? Seems to have his finger on the pulse of the game.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gC2JjatGwM[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shearer quote on the BBC

Shearer: “I went to see the Football Association four or five years ago and said I want the England job. They looked at me and said: ‘No, you haven’t got the experience’.

“I said you have hired experienced managers, spent a fortune on them and I could not have done any worse.

“I would speak to the FA now, definitely. I’d offer my experience, tournament experience. Even if Under-21 manager Gareth Southgate gets it.”

Can’t fault the logic

moonsaballoon

I don’t think Glen hoddle is the answer but even Danny baker admits his feelings on hoddle are more than annoyance at his poor co commentary

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Danny Baker’s timeline was magnificent.

136stu
    Free Member

Idris Elba? He’s usually the bookies favourite for everything.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He is free?

ElShalimo

Slaven Bilic – it certainly wouldn’t be dull

mikey74
    Free Member

I don’t think Shearer would be a bad option at all.

He has the experience as a player, and the respect of the country and players, which Roy has never had.

MSP

What does an international manager need, to get the best out of his players he needs to get his ideas across quickly and he needs to inspire them. Coaching is not really that high a priority as they do not spend enough time together to make it count.

binners

CountZero

Hodgson Iceland

Roy… Eh… He always delivers

Posted by JOE.co.uk on Monday, June 27, 2016

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe the MOTD team could do it together, well except Lawro

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Paul the octopus (via doris stokes, via Derek Achora)

MoreCashThanDash

There must be a dentist somewhere in England with his coaching badges. Seems to work for Iceland.

binners

Maybe this guys appointment as Engerland manager tomorrow morning would explain todays events…

choppersquad
    Free Member

Any previous West Ham manager would be a good choice.
    You can’t have the current one though.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Paul the Octopus. Except he’s been dead for a while, so how about Michael Portillo eh? He can’t be the tory saviour, so inglund manager/coach, WTF is a coach? Bullocks do coaches. Anyway yeah a dead octopus or a dandy tory booooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

martinhutch

Eric Cantona would like the job

Seagulls are really starting to follow the trawler now.

edhornby

actually I was going to post on this thread and say Eric, not such a daft idea; media impervious, takes no s##t…. only question is whether he has the tactical awareness, other than a stint in the US moneyleague he’s not really done much coaching

Mugboo

Chris Coleman

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Next England footie manager?’ is closed to new replies.