Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Next door's children throwing stones at my car :(
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I live in quite a quiet cul-de-sac, but every so often things flare up although in the grand scheme of things they probably don’t rank that high.

On Friday my children had a bit of a standoff with the children next door. They had been kicking the hedge that separates our two front gardens, pulling leaves off the hedge, giving my children the middle finger and telling them to f*** off.

There were 4 of them and their ages range from about 4 to 7.

On Saturday next door’s children did similar things and I went out and asked them politely and firmly to stop it.

I went back indoors and about 10 minutes later I heard some strange noises from the front of the house and I went out to have a look and I found 4 biggish stones (about 4 to 6 inches) beside my car and a load of dirt on the window and bonnet. I couldn’t work out where it had come from and then I saw the two little boys next door chucking a stone at my car – these boys are probably 4 and 6. I shouted “Oi” at them and they scarpered round the back of the house, so I knocked on the front door and asked the 2 men in the house to come around and look at my car.

I was angry, but kept my calm as I have fallen out with them once before a long time ago and we get on okay now.

We looked at the car, but couldn’t see any damage. The two men went back inside and sometime later I went back outside, after calming down and getting my head around what had happened, and proceeded to clear the dirt off the car. When cleaning up the car I found 3 separate places where the stones had scratched the car. The scratches are bad enough to feel with a fingernail, but I don’t think they have gone through the clear coat. I went back to the house to try and speak to one of the blokes, but they were both out and I spoke to one of the wives and she said that she would get someone to come around and speak to me.

No-one has still come around, so I am going have to go around and speak to them again about getting the scratches sorted out.

To be honest, I could probably polish the scratches out myself and it is an old car, but the children’s behaviour was unacceptable.

Kids, eh!

nwgiles

you should follow the rule ” Revenge is 10 times worse”

throw really big rocks at the kids

patriotpro
    Free Member

Throw stones at the kids. That’ll teach em.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry it’s not helpful, but thought I’d try to get in before anyone else:

nwgiles

JEngledow – Member
    Sorry it’s not helpful, but thought I’d try to get in before anyone else:

Bombers you say…..

dooosuk
    Free Member

Forget about getting your car sorted. It sounds like there’s next to no damage and you’ve said yourself it’s an old car.

Just seek assurances it won’t happen again.

binners

Show them what throwing stones is all about

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk[/video]

teethgrinder

Buy them an all expenses paid holiday to Portugal. With the McCanns.

Hohum
    Free Member

Your responses make me laugh!

dooosuk – Member
    Forget about getting your car sorted. It sounds like there’s next to no damage and you’ve said yourself it’s an old car.

Just seek assurances it won’t happen again.

This is the right one I reckon.

And an apology from the children as well!

LHS
    Free Member

Ahh, next door kids….. brings back fond memories of next doors 6 and 9 year old boys drawing a giant cock on my bonnet with a two pence piece. It was a masterpiece and an Audi after all so thoroughly deserved. They even had the time and artistic skills to go into detail with pubic hair.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And a car wash.

EDIT: and a 😆 at LHS’s story.

thepurist

Sorted.

honeybadgerx

I once scratched ‘I love you Dad’ into the side of my Dad’s car when I was a kid. I just wished I had been old enough to enjoy the moral conundrum it created 😈

MrWoppit
    Free Member

As pointed out earlier: light, fast, nasty…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Parent says: “don’t do it again”
    Kid hears: “don’t get caught doing it again”

Parent says: “don’t do it again it’s cost me £400 from chipsaway, you’re pocket money is now stopped untill 2025”
    Kid’s probably less likley to do it again. If there’s no repocusion then they’ll just do something else (throw a bigger rock)next time they don’t get their way.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re lovely kids If they’re effing an jeffing at the age of 7

retro83
    Free Member

Wait until they buy their first car, fit a sound system and tastefully modify it with a body kit that barely fits and some angel eyes innit bruv and then sneak outside under cover of dark and scratch a big phallus on every panel.

hora
    Free Member

Can you still buy automatic centre-punches?

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Throw the kids at the stones.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Throw the car at the kids.

rocketman
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Nuke them from orbit

patriotpro
    Free Member

Throw the kids at the parents.

ski
    Free Member

RM that gif is brill lol

munrobiker
    Free Member

Out of interest, has anyone found anything that works on slightly deeper scratches? May have dragged a rear mech down my car getting the bike out the car. What an oaf.

CountZero

Can you still buy automatic centre-punches?

Should be able to, I’ve got a nice brass one at home that I picked up at a hardware store a few years back.
    Never really used it in anger, but there’s always a first time…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Neighbours kids threw stones at my folks house/kitchen windows as my Mother washed dishes.

I went round and had a right go at the grandparents who said “They’re just kids”.

The kids lied in front of their gramps and me until I showed them a video from my mobile catching them in the act.

I said I’d call the police and bill them for any damages and they stopped.

Chavs everywhere, even in nice areas.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re lovely kids If they’re effing an jeffing at the age of 7

Wonder what lovely people they heard that language from too :-/

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loving the Gif!

I’m trying that next time I need my camping chair.

bigyinn
    Free Member

nwgiles – Member

you should follow the rule ” Revenge is 10 times worse”

throw really big rocks at the kids
    DON’T do this. I did once, I missed my intended target and hit a 4 yo boy.

With a half brick.

I was 7.

retro83
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

DON’T do this. I did once, I missed my intended target and hit a 4 yo boy.

With a half brick.

I was 7.

Bet he never threw stones at you though did he?

nealglover
    Free Member

Out of interest, has anyone found anything that works on slightly deeper scratches? May have dragged a rear mech down my car getting the bike out the car. What an oaf.

Paint.

Nothing else works on deeper scratches I’m afraid.

Unless you can polish the scratch out of the clear coat, nothing else will work for longer than the next car wash or rain shower.

All those “scratch magic” type things do is work as poor quality temporary filler to fool the eye. But they are not permanent in any sense of the word.

argoose
    Free Member

Throw the kids at neighbours front door

juanking

Throw neighbours door at kids?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Make friends with kids… Buy them Shit loads of sweets and a nerf gun each. Ask them nicely not to chuck stones. Hopefully they will now like you as a sort of mate and not damage your motor.

onehundredthidiot

Agree with nerf gun idea core teh foam thingys with flechettes.

chewkw
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

Theyre under the age of criminal responsibility,

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Throw the children under a car?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Someone is seriously suggesting rewarding their bad behaviour with sweets and toys. REALLY? 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Next door's children throwing stones at my car :(’ is closed to new replies.