Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Next day delivery, thing of the past?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I rarely use online bike shops now, but thought I'd use CRC whilst I remembered what I wanted thinking the bits would arrive next day or the day after.
    I guess that's a thing of the past?
    Off to the LBS to duplicate the order.

nickegg
    Free Member

Did you specify next day? If not, what did you expect?

druidh
    Free Member

We (The Bike Chain, Edinburgh) do free next day delivery on all orders – assuming;

(a) we have the item in stock – (the site is accurate 99% of the time)
    (b) we get the order before 14:00 (and sometimes the cut-off is later)

househusband

Ordered a new rear mech from UK Bike Store at 2.30pm on Thursday and it turned up on Friday morning, fitted later that morning. Most stuff from Wiggle and CRC turns up within two days at most.

Should use bike shops in town (like The Bike Chain, above – I know most of the people that run it) but as I live outside of Edinburgh getting into town involves an hour or so each way, plus either fuel (don't like using the car unnecessarily) or bus costs.

But then I seldom rely on needing things the next day; if I was stuck and needed something promptly in order to ride then I would use a not so local LBS!

peteimpreza

Placed order on the TdF store on Wednesday evening, bastille day and therefore a holiday. Left their warehouse Thursday evening.

Delivered to my house yesterday.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Some of the online shops are really slow – what annoys me most when they take your order but turns out the item isn't in stock but no-one tells you or e-mails and you log in 5 days later to see why it hasn't arrived to discover they don't even have it!

CRC and Wiggle never seem to manage next day these days but I think the degradation of the Royal Mail has something to do with it.

I order a lot form Parker International and they are the SLOWEST. I ordered some stuff last Tuesday and paid £3.95 for "priority despatch" for some stuff I really needed for the weekend then ordered a campag cassette which I didn't need in a rush so it was free post. The cassette arrived Friday and it said the priority despatch (via parcelforce 48)was due to arrive MONDAY! I was even more annoyed when it didn't come until Tuesday!

JE James are very good – their next day option (via APC – £5)always seems to come on time.

oldgit
    Free Member

I just used to remember stuff coming next day a few years back which was pretty amazing.
    Admittedly I didn't check delivery times, was all in stock.
    I'm not worried just took it for granted stuff ordered Wednesday am would be here by now.
    I blame Fatcha.

transporter13
    Free Member

ordered some cranks and grips on tuesday night….saw this thread…checked my order and its still processing. 😕

davidwazz
    Free Member

I used to order stuff from CRC on a weekly basis and it always arrived next day…..without specifying anything. However, after a month or two of not ordering anything I ordered something last Thursday and I am still waiting! All products were in stock (if the website was accurate).

Not a complaint because I am in no major rush – more of an observation.

rep341
    Free Member

I know some people say its free stop moaning- maybe they have a point- but CRC used to be spot on for next day delivery. Nowadays they are not. It seems to sit in pick for sometime rather than same day despatch. I work for a company where we aim to have any orders keyed into the sytem pre 2pm for next day delivery FOC. We are good at that but nothing compared to the likes of Amazon etc who can take your order at 5.50pm and its at your door next morning!

oldgit
    Free Member

Mines still proccessing as well, again not complaining – more fool me for not checking and assuming.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Next day delivery, thing of the past?’ is closed to new replies.