Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Next day car tyre fitting?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Just noticed i have a screw through the tyre and will need a new one tomorrow 🙁

Have tried a few sites like black circles, tyre saving (etc) and non of them are offering fitting before the middle of next week? Is this the norm? The savings are pretty substantial compared to what i could get in kwik fit or halfords

andyl
    Free Member

where abouts? if it’s not in the side wall or outer tread then it should be fixable at a tyre place.

br
    Free Member

If you’ve a standard size you shouldn’t have a problem getting one fitted anywhere – you’ll just need to ring around for a price.

If it’s something different, then…

benji
    Free Member

Never mind the websites, pop and see your local tyre place, and they should be able to do something, either puncture repair or new tyre.

johndoh
    Free Member

Benji +1

Local is good

thekingisdead
    Free Member

+2 local.

Mine can have the tire delivered same day if he hasn’t got it in stock. Will match / get close to black circles et al on price too.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Will try the local ones then

Incidentally this is the location of the screw, does that look to be in a place that is repairable?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Yes, repairs in the shoulder of the tire can’t be repaired. That should be fine

benji
    Free Member

Repair not a problem there, and plenty of tread depth/life left in it. As long as you haven’t driven with it flat for a while, so it damages the carcass really see no issue with a repair.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

thats potential good news then 🙂

RustyMac

I got a tire repaired just the other month, screw was in almost exactly the same position, I got it fixed for £12.50 so it is definately the cheapest option.

butcher

Had a few punctures myself. I think they normally don’t fix them if it’s in the side wall. That looks fine. Had them fixed for £3 in the past, though that’s going back about 10 years.

simon_g

Yes, that’s repairable IME.

If you do want a new tyre, Event Tyres and good and will do same day (or first thing next day) provided they can actually get hold of the tyres you want. Managed to cut straight through the sidewall of a tyre going into my drive, booked at about 4:30pm and they had someone to me for 8 the next morning.

neninja
    Free Member

If you decide not to get it fixed, try http://www.tyreshopper.co.uk

I’m pretty sure they are part of National Tyres so ring your local National Tyres depot to check stock of what you want and then order through Tyreshopper. I’ve done that before and has the tyre fitted same day.

nickdavies

Had the same thing last week – screw through tyre, dropped it of at National just down the road from the office and they fixed it free of charge. They also put me 2 new ones on a few weeks ago – they had what I wanted in stock and it was done within 30 minutes of me phoning for a quote, looked online and they were cheaper than black circles.

Top service from those lads, they’ll be having my business from now on. I’d give em a shout if there’s a branch near you but they may not all be as good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Next day car tyre fitting?’ is closed to new replies.