Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • *newsflash* Whinlatter – It’s good (and thanks to somebody)
  • scaredypants

Dear diary: (ZZZZZzzzzzzz)

Been in the lakes this weekend
    Some bigger, fitter boys took me for a ride in the rain on Saturday. And they HURT me, mummy !

Sunday was supposedly heavy showers & lowish cloud (and me legs hurt) so I binned the solo high street masterplan and just went for a look round the new altura trail.
    Only did the north loop but I thought it was ded good – seemed to hold up quite well to the soaking from the day before plus LOTS of traffic. Greasy roots & slatey bits though !

Got round a bit knackered & found I’d dropped my gegs out of my pocket so went up the fire road & repeated the 2nd half. Big thanks to whoever picked them up & moved them off the path (were “bust” but the arm just pushes back on). I asked in the carpark but culprit wasn’t there to say thanks in person

JxL
    Free Member

Went to Altura on friday with John. The climbs are very easy, and the North loop quite technical with loads of roots etc. It makes up for it at the end with all the sweet jumps.

You should do south loop too! short climb but good jumps and twisty corners.

Worth 200 miles there/back! 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

gegs?

lowey

Worth 200 miles there/back!

Beg to differ. I hated it. It was rammed full of people when I went, plus in fairness it was sheet ice all the way round which I hate.

But it just wasn’t my cup of tea to be honest. The only trail center I have been to that I didnt really enjoy. Too much excellent natural stuff in the area to justify the drive and do Altura only.

Still, one mans meat another mans poison and all that.

scaredypants

gegs = glasses

as for natural trails etc – did 40 miles of that on Saturday too

(not certain that either was worth over 300 miles each way – but that’s not really why I went)

JxL, I bet it was nice on Friday – all dry ??

(and was that a bermy jumpy thing I spied in the forest under construction ?)

Junkyard
    Free Member

tinternet like real life SHOCK(went with JXL discussed with Lowey in real world)
    I liked it is and it is fun (minus big slides on evey root as my tyres had no grip at all on way up North) and enjoyed the jumps etc
    Would not want to ride it every week but Trail centres are Ok for a change and every now and again but I would rather ride natural as a rule.
    Variety is the spice of life etc
    OP perfect weather Firday dry and warm but not too hot reasonable vistas and limited mud saw people mainly in car park and very few on the actual trail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘*newsflash* Whinlatter – It’s good (and thanks to somebody)’ is closed to new replies.