Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • News stations please give the Scottish Referendum a REST for us in England !
  • grantway
    Free Member

For god sack just how much have WE in England have to vegetate on the OVER broadcasting of the Scottish referendum news ? That means nothing to us in England !

Basically What about this poor girl ? Alice Gross
    Which only receives about 8 minutes each time on London Local news

And this guy Charity worker Henning only receives about the same coverage.

This is someone I know and unfortunately Killed in Helicopter crash John
    Which only received 3 minutes local news to confirm he was a passenger

And like every night local or main news in England I am having to watch Scottish referendum, To much time as been given for this and now having to watch a loaded of shite on how much power they may get !

Just a basic joke really as I know I still have to pay for my Prescriptions and will lose my home to the Government to pay for my Health care in a home and if I want to go to University I will have to pay back that as well !!!

barkm
    Free Member

I don’t get it, is someone forcing you to watch it? Confused.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Disagree.

The Yes/No affected millions – the other stories, no doubt tragic affect less.

grantway
    Free Member

Its clearly taking to much coverage

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The news stations, and esoecially the BBC, like to go into overload on a big story. Remember the death of Nelson Mandela?

grantway
    Free Member

The Yes/No affected millions – the other stories, no doubt tragic affect less.

In Scotland

nickdavies

I don’t get why a thread was locked earlier due to a the OP asking about IOS8, which was deemed too close to the iPhone launch thread for STW harmony – but this is the 291st thread about the scottish referendum and not one’s been axed yet as far as I can see??

It’s taking over!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

In Scotland

You don’t think it would have affected the rest of us? Very naive of you to think so if thats the case….

swavis

More powers to us innit 😈

Northwind

God forbid we should cover national events on the national news eh.

grantway – Member

That means nothing to us in England !

It should do- it could just be the spur that changes the face of UK politics- will be, if the party leaders keep their promises.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont you ever think of the Welsh?

gwaelod
    Free Member

Mainstream news has just realised its spent the last 2 years ignoring the biggest political story in British history since Julius’ fleet hove into view from Gaul. BBC woke up a bit last week when that rogue poll popped up…but its only now working out for itself what a big deal it is.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And like every night local or main news in England I am having to watch Scottish referendum

If the Scottish referendum is being mentioned every night on your local news, are you 100% certain that you don’t live in Scotland ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

OP do guy not think the referendum and the follow up from it will affect the whole of the UK. You don’t seem very politically astute.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘News stations please give the Scottish Referendum a REST for us in England !’ is closed to new replies.