Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • News of the death of Test Cricket has been greatly exaggerated…
  • psychle
    Free Member

Cracking game going on in South Africa right now, real edge of your seat stuff… 9 runs to win with 2 wickets remaining… tre stressful! 😯

Love it when after 5 days of play it all comes down to the wire, great stuff 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

its really something when the minnows of world cricket can stumble across the finishing line so elegantly isn’t it? Mitchell batted well, which is kind of lucky really cos he bowled like a one eyed baboon. D’you think he’ll replace Ponting at 3 now? 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Figured a cricket post from me would illicit a reply from you guv 😉

Reckon Ponting will see another series yet, NZ & India at home this Summer and I do hope he’ll get the opportunity to finish his career at home, he deserves it… MJ, well, what can you say… you always hope he’ll come good, but how many chances can you get? Cummins is a real potential star of the future for us, great to see a new fast bowler making an appearance! Glad we won this one, good to win tight games, builds character and all that…

yossarian
    Free Member

edit: had to 🙂

Agree that Ponting deserves a good send off, shame he’s not still captain really.

MJ won’t ever change, too expensive too often IMO.

I’m honestly not gloating when I ask this; do you think Australia have hit the bottom yet? I look at the team, at Haddin, Clarke, Johnson etc and it reminds me of England mid 90’s.

mefty
    Free Member

Whilst the practice is not dying, what were the crowds like?

psychle
    Free Member

And another exciting Test match going on in India as well… good stuff! 😀

I’m honestly not gloating when I ask this; do you think Australia have hit the bottom yet? I look at the team, at Haddin, Clarke, Johnson etc and it reminds me of England mid 90’s.

In all honesty I don’t know… I hope we’ve hit our nadir, and there’s plenty of young players in Australia that could step up to the plate (hopefully) when their chance comes, you can never discount the enthusiasm of youth…

psychle
    Free Member

Well,that was pretty exciting… stupid from the Windies to even let India be in with a chance in the first place though 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘News of the death of Test Cricket has been greatly exaggerated…’ is closed to new replies.