Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • News flash…..Northern Lights!
  • piemonster

FFS if I was at home in Dundee, it’d be too cloudy.

But I’m actually in Norway, still to effing cloudy.

Kit
    Free Member

peterfile, it was visible to the eye in Edinburgh at times, but changed intensity so for a while I could only see it through a long exposure.

justinbieber

Took this one in deepest, darkest Northumberland. My first time seeing the aurora – very, very awesome!

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Bieber – Where abouts where you?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

that’s a great pic! But I assume the beauty of seeing it in the flesh is that it’s so big & panoramic?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

This one was taken at Penmon on Anglesey apparently!

https://www.facebook.com/kriswilliamsphotos

MrNutt
    Free Member

nothing but rain down on Exmoor (unesco darks skye reserve too, it could have been so good!)

matt_outandabout

It was naked eye visible.

Cougar

NASA wins

Except it’s a mock-up rather than a photograph, sadly.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Anything due for tonight?

Bunnyhop

A scientist from Jodrell bank was on BBC Breakfast this morning, saying there was virtually no chance of seeing them again tonight.

Those photos above are fabulous.

I mentioned to a drunken hubby last night that I heard a whisper that there may be a showing, he muttered ‘no chance’ here (South Manchester), so we didn’t try and find the local dark spot, bit miffed now, as we had clear skies and they were seen.

righog
    Free Member

I did eventually go out and look, had a two hour drive but only a slight green ting in the Sky for me. But someone was kind enough to make this, so now I know what I missed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZDo0gavgUMQ[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘News flash…..Northern Lights!’ is closed to new replies.