Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • NEWS: 29r Robot Bike
  • Mark

Fresh out of the pits at Fort Bill

Video: The Robot R130

chiefgrooveguru

Looks great! Their fitting algorithm is interesting – seems they agree that my current bike fits… 😉

juanghia
    Free Member

Anything which looks as Old School as this is cool

km79
    Free Member

It’s the future, but available today!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s A future. I want a custom made filament wound frame. With lightning bolts on the downtube.

cleetonator

I think these guys are the only ones reducing their prices at the moment. Now it’s only a bit more than a yeti frame I’d be seriously tempted.

dawson

I think it’s telling that STW have to create a news thread on the forum for people to read other parts of the site 😉

leegee

I want one so much.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Just did their fit calculator thingy – pretty much says that my current bike is spot on!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@ dawson
    I like the heads up if there is something interesting the home pages. I normally come straight here. TBH if pinkbike had a decent forum I’d spend most of my time there. It is only this forum that draws me to the site. And I subscribe to the mag to help ensure the forum keeps going.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I love the look of these. Just need some money now! 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So ugly, borderline grotesque.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The 29″ for some reason looks better than the 650b bike. Maybe it just seems more proportionate.

The fit calculator is basically my current bike, which is interesting.

If I had lots of money, I reckon I would be tempted. Much rather that than a Yeti that’s almost guaranteed to fall apart. 🙂

Hicksy
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru

So the curious thing about their fit generator is that arm span doesn’t change anything on the recommended geometry and leg length only changes the recommended seat tube length.

If I was writing an algorithm for this I’d increase the reach whilst shortening the seat tube for riders with shorter legs but constant height and possibly slightly slacken the seat angle (so long-legged riders don’t end up sitting over the rear axle). I presume chainstay lengths increase proportionally with front-centre measurements, I didn’t try anything to check that.

chiefgrooveguru

If I had lots of money, I reckon I would be tempted

Ditto!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘NEWS: 29r Robot Bike’ is closed to new replies.