Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New DMR Trailstar – anyone have one?
  • ajantom

I quite like the look of the new DMR Trailstar frame that came out last year, and can get a really good deal on one.

The only piece of info I can’t find anywhere online (including DMR’s website) is the head tube length. I’ve emailed DMR, but no response so far.
    I don’t want to buy a frame and find out my fork steerer is too short!

Does anyone have a large or XL that they could measure for me?

cdoc
    Free Member

Don’t have one, but seem to recall a 150mm headtube on all sizes.

Edit: Just looked on crc and found that someone had asked the same question, receiving the same rely, so 150mm it is.

ajantom

I saw that on CRC, but I’m not sure it’s correct. If you look at photos of the different sizes frames the head tube defo looks longer on the bigger sizes.

Small frame:

XL frame:

cdoc
    Free Member

Indeed it does, I would say the small model looks a bit short for 150, but the xl looks about right..
    A bit of on screen measuring has the small at 115 and the bigger ones at 150mm, but it’s not the best technique.

You would think that they would just, you know, write it down in the geometry chart like all the rest!

ajantom

Yes, that would be really useful!
    I think a 150mm head tube would be touch and go. The bike they’re on currently has a 115mm head tube and 30mm of spacers. So might just fit!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Phone upgrade. Always very helpful ime.

ajantom

So the frame turned up, and it turns out the XL has a 145mm headtube.
    My steerer is just long enough!
    Current stem has a stack height of 35mm, but I’ve bought one from the classifieds with a 30mm height – DMR too, so it matches 😀

Why couldn’t they just list the HT heights on the geometry chart!

Looking forward to building it up now, the frame looks lovely.

Proper bargain too – there’s a tiny paint blemish on the down tube, so they’d knocked £175 off.

cdoc
    Free Member

Excellent discount, that! Which colour did you go for?

ajantom

Upgrade often do have some really good discounts on ex-demo, blemished/marked, and NOS stuff.

This one was on ebay rather than their website though, so I ended up buying it quickly before it went. Luckily I don’t need to buy new forks!

They’ve got another on their site for £375 (a large in black) which I nearly went for before I saw the Ebay one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New DMR Trailstar – anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.