Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New(ish) bike pic… WARNING: Ragley content!
  • 69er
    Free Member

Pardon me for being ignorant, is that a 96er? Or do I need my eyes tested?

Really like the bike though, trying to get my head round the concept…

Hip
    Free Member

I'm running a 50mm stem and 485 wide bars on my PA now and am loving it with 130mm travel forks…

Changing down from a 70mm stem really sharpened up the steering for me without making the bike feel too short.

Definitely gonna have to demo the BP tho, as soon as someone near me gets one in!

wors

review of frames in this months WMB gave it runners up spot behind pace 405.

nbt

kona_ona – Member

Pardon me for being ignorant, is that a 96er? Or do I need my eyes tested?

Really like the bike though, trying to get my head round the concept…
    Whose, mine or Guy's? Mine may look more like a 69er (26 back 29 front) but it isn't, it's just the angle the pic's taken at. Now you point it out, Guy's does look like it's got a 29" rear, but my guess would be it's just the angle again – although I have seen pics of a 650B wheel in there with plenty of clearance

rOcKeTdOg

why isn't it blue?

Was never a fan of Brant's On-One and PX frames, but gotta hand it to him and say that the stuff he is designing for Ragley looks really nice.

Flow Guy – it doesn't surprise me that the Blue Pig works better with a long fork (i.e. more than 140mm) than a Prince Albert as the PA isn't really designed for a fork with that much travel. The Alpine would be a closer comparator.

David Taylforth – the sizing of the new Mk2 Alpines is a bit more traditional than the Mk1 frames (16" with 22.25" top tube and 18" with 23.25" top tube) so that may be an option if you still like the Alpine but want something a bit bigger.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You got any pics of the new Alpines? What other changes have been made?

The Ragley seems to appeal because it has a shorter back end but a 23.5 tt sounds pretty long, especially with a steep seat angle. Probably equivalent to a bike with more regular seat angle (ie 72?) and a 24 inch tt when stood on the pedals if that makes sense.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Prince Albert as the PA isn't really designed for a fork with that much travel. The Alpine would be a closer comparator.

I know -but you didn't have any to sell 🙁

The PA was great with a Pike on the front.. but I needed something that could take a bigger fork – like the Alpine or the Blue Pig…

And the pig has regular 26inch wheels front and rear. none of that 29inch weirdness (although to be fair I've not tried a big wheeler…)

CountZero

Well, I really rather like it. In fact, I'd be ordering one now, if I didn't already have this:

I'm pretty sure that the people having a go at the Pig will hate mine, too. Don't actally care. I love it, it weighs 30lb, and it rides as well as the Hummer most of the bits came off, with the advantage that if I deck it, I won't be near to tears at having dented £1200 worth of frame, only £259 worth. I do really like that Pig, tho'; very tasty.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New(ish) bike pic… WARNING: Ragley content!’ is closed to new replies.