Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Newest exposure lights – are they any good?
  • Fat-boy-fat

I’m seriously losing out in the night light wars and it is getting to the point where I’m get flooded out from other folk’s lights behind me.

I’ve been using Exposure lights for years and really like them but, before I spend big cash on a new one instead of one of those cheapo Chinese lights, I was wondering if anyone had some real word experience of either the latest Relex or Six Pack Exposure lights.

Cheers.

Fat-boy-fat

Bumpetie bump

Daffy

The Reflex is an epic light, but comes at a substantial cost! I sold mine at the start of October as I wasn’t using it much.

It was substantially brighter than the 1200 Lumen Maxx-D.

I’d consider an Equinox if you’re only riding at full intensity for a shorter period.

Fat-boy-fat

Cheers Daffy. I’m a fool who is easily parted from cash, so the reflex could be an option if it is that good. Will have a look at your other recommendation.

tenfoot

Someone I ride with has a reflex.

Very bright and a good spread of light too.

Not sure I would want to spend that much, myself, but it widdles all over my 3 yo Maxx D (that I bought 2nd hand off a mate)

mboy
    Free Member

Exposure are always good. No need to ask if they are.

They cease to be anything like VFM these days though, ignoring all the cheapo chinese lights (where you’ll end up having to get a new battery and charger, and probably someone to take the light unit apart and rebuild it properly for you so it’s thermally efficient) there’s a wealth of stuff out there that has Exposure pegged on performance for more like 1/2 the cost.

bol

I use a Sixpack most days. Everything from commute to enduros. It’s extremely reliable, lasts ages per charge in normal use, takes about a second to attach or remove, and certainly gets you noticed in twilight in flashing mode. Yes, it was expensive, but to me a decent headlight is one of the most essential bits of kit to rely on. I use a Chinese P7 head torch to complement it off road.

johnnystorm

As mentioned above VFM is tricky to justify, however when out for 24hrs the other day on the BB200 and riding right through the night my Sixpack lasted the whole night through. Wouldn’t fancy doing that with my Chinese cheapy and carting around the batteries it would need. I’m seriously tempted by the Exposure Revo. Barely noticeable drag and lights on all the time, phone charging, etc.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I have had 2 six packs and and had the reflex for a year now and love it it’s brighter and seems to have a better flood,it’s nice to see how long you have left on the back aswell,I was going to sell my mk1 to get the mk2 but exposure told me there was no difference really so did not bother,you can get the mk1 for £320 on ebay from rutland cycles or email ant from the XC racer shop I bet he will match it.

roverpig

I have a Reflex, but I guess I’m not what you’d call a price conscious consumer. The way I see it I get to enjoy a beautifully engineered light, with some whizz bang electronics and great optics for less than I spend filling the cars up each month.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I have a MAX D and a Diablo, great combo, plenty bright enough. expensive though.

mikertroid
    Free Member

MaxxD and Joystick here. Plenty of light for me ! Think they’re great.

Fat-boy-fat

Quick update. I bought a reflex and had my first ride with it this afternoon. Cracking light that means I’m no longer riding in the shadow of other folk’s lights. I really didn’t notice it varying the beam on the trail but you could definitely see the predicted run time bumping up significantly when riding uphill, so I guess it really is working. All in all, loving it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Newest exposure lights – are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.