Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Newest 5-10's, what they like in winter?
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

I am going to run flats for a while and have a pair of old 5-10's but they are rubbish in the wet and mud, are the newer ones any better?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I wear a pair of Sealskinz socks so doesn't matter about them letting in water. Wash them off after the ride and stick them on the boiler to dry. Simples

krag
    Free Member

The 5:10 freeriders are ok, I don't particularly get cold feet with them but they do soak up the water. They take an age to dry out even with rolled up newspaper inside and stuck in front of the fire.

scaredypants

if you mean gripwise, I assume the sole's the same – big, flat dots don't make for traction

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The newer Impact 2's with leather type upper are way better than the old nubuck /suede type uppers. However for riding in actually rain or through deep puddles i.e. where lots of water rather than mud or spray they still are not properly water proof.

Im going to be using the 5:10 / sealskin technique this winter.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have the Karver ones and they seem great: They have the flap that velcros over the laces which should help to keep a bit more moisture out.

I used them in Cwm Carn a few weeks ago and my feet did not get wet or cold at all. I do also use Seal Skinz with them during the winter.

18bikes

newer impacts kick off more of the crud than the more suedey previous model – I'd still run a sealskinz sock in the real wet though. just bought a pair myself, to try this flats thing matt keeps raving about.

5 10 on offer here!

si-wilson
    Free Member

Will give them a go, 18bikes, got any 9's in stock?

ton

hijack, si, mech hangers???

18bikes

Si – tup, in both at the mo.

Ton?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Newest 5-10's, what they like in winter?’ is closed to new replies.