Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • newer shimano xt brakes and lhm.
  • duncancallum

On my old style xts I used lhm are the new shimano stuff still ok on this?

I am tight but also I have lhm here at home. ..

benman
    Free Member

I bled my Zees with Halford LHM when changing a hose, and it totally ruined the feeling of the brake. Changed back to Shimano branded oil and its spot on. The viscosity was vastly different between the oils.

dirtydog
    Free Member

As long as you don’t mind voiding your warranty and potentially running into performance issues.

100 quid+ on a pair of brakes and your trying to save a fiver, like your gonna miss it? 😕

timbur
    Free Member

Lhm in all mine m760, m785 and several m8000s.
    I clearly not Kore enough to notice the performance draw backs 😆
    But I am still alive. 😈
    You’ll be alright.
    Tim

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve put LHM in numerous sets of shimano brakes over a few years without a single issue.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Long time lhm user in shimano brakes here.

BUT, after a thread on here last year, I bought a little shimano oil to compare and LHM is way thicker. I flushed out the LHM and replaced with shimano and you know what? It’s a better brake. There’s much less drag in the system, and this can be seen particularly in the return of the lever. I’ve also noticed far less filth, presumably from wear, in the lever.

So, the answer is yes, but it’s not as good as the real article. Whether you will notice depends on your level of mechanical sympathy.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I had always used LHM in Shimano brakes but as above it ruined the feel pf my newer style XTs and I suspect lead to some of the issues I had with them including inconsistent lever feel and pull. I will be sticking with proper Shimano fluid, which is much thinner, in my new SLXs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘newer shimano xt brakes and lhm.’ is closed to new replies.