Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Newcastle Travel Advice
  • franksinatra

After some advice form Geordie STWers please.

I need to go to St James’ Park on Wednesday morning, to be there for about 9am. Travelling down form the Borders so will come down the A696. Trying to work out if it would be best to drive in and park at the stadium or park at Callerton Parkway and get Metro in.

Any thoughts?

Ta

nickc

Metro, every time

northshoreniall

Yep, metro getting into town for 9 and trying park will be major ballache (not a Geordie but lived here a while 🙂 )

sharkattack

Coming in on the 696 you’re on the right side of town for St. James. It’ll be busy but you won’t have to drive through the city centre or anything. Certainly no worse than trying to park near a Metro station.

The Metro is also rammed at that time in the mornin and you’ll have to change at Monument.

6 and two 3’s for me.

lemonysam
    Free Member

By comparison to a lot of towns, driving to (though not across) the centre of Newcastle’s a doddle even at rush hour. I’d get the Metro but if you do drive I’d go up Scotswood Road rather than via cowgate.

sharkattack

By comparison to a lot of towns, driving to (though not across) the centre of Newcastle’s a doddle even at rush hour.

This.

You’re also coming in from the right direction for the closest free parking as well. In the Arthur’s Hill area (just to the left of St. James on Google maps)

I never drive into town but if I was coming from the Borders I certainly would. Don’t stress, it’s easy 😉

theotherjonv

if you do drive I’d go up Scotswood Road

You can’t go up the Scotswood Road, any Geordie would tell you that. You have to gan alang it.

franksinatra

okay thanks. Reckon I’ll drive. I’ll be leaving early so will have plenty of time. I’ll be sure to gan alang Scotswood Road.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle Travel Advice’ is closed to new replies.