Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Newcastle bike weekend in the summer?
  • earbyphil
    Free Member

Can anyone pass on any information about a cycle weekend being held in Newcastle upon Tyne during the summer?

warton
    Free Member

do you mean the cyclone? Criteriums in leazes park friday evening, cyclone sportive on the saturday and what used to be the Beamount trophy around Stamfordham on the sunday, to be replaced with the national road race championships by all accounts this year

clicky

earbyphil
    Free Member

Thanks Warton, that’s the fella I’m looking for.

warton
    Free Member

Its a good weekend, beers on friday watching the pros fly round Leazes park, saturdays 104 mile sportive is a tough one, but always great to see so many people out on the roads I use week in, week out, and gentle cycle to the Ryals on sunday to watch the Pros suffer!

jonb
    Free Member

It’s the nationals being held on Sunday which means there will be some big(ger) names. The route isn’t that hard :wink:, it’s one I use for training when the icecap has melted.

peterharrison
    Free Member

If you go to the event website http://www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk you will see that I am putting on the whole weekend. Criteriums for all on the friday night in Newcastle, 3 sportive rides on the saturday and both the Mens & Womens National RR Champs on the sunday.
    Some of the best riders in the World including Cav, Millar, Cooke, Pooley will be competing over the weekend.
    Nearly 1200 riders have already signed up for the Sportive rides. Lots of entertainment also in the pipeline for the weekend. It’s going to be one of the biggest sporting events ever seen in the NE.
    Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle bike weekend in the summer?’ is closed to new replies.