Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Newbury Summer Cyclocross
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

1st round of 6 is tonight and I can’t wait. Anyone else racing?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Where is it? Since I’m local…………

mrblobby
    Free Member

Opposite northcroft i think. May be a mud bath tonight!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

It’s at Goldwell Park.
    Newbury CX

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

That field is squealchy on a dry day. We have just had a huge cloud burst about 30 mins ago. As soon as it went, I jumped on the bike to get to work. May ride over later on to see it.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

That field is squealchy on a dry day.

Dugast Rhinos it is then.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

It sort of runs down the hill and dips up to the road by the sports centre, which then puddles up. Good luck tonight !!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just took a stroll through the park and the ground looks surprisingly dry and hard, even in the bits I’d expect to be squelchy. I’d go for something fast rolling. They were beginning to mark out a course in the lower flat part of the park but would assume that the course heads up the hill.

Edit: … and the grass is all freshly cut and wet, looks super slippy!

triple_s

Going to be my first race of the year, looking forward to being able to ride to a race from my house!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’d go for something fast rolling.

I looked at the weather yesterday and took off my semi slicks. Won’t have time to change them back tonight. I will still probaby go with my rhinos though as deep section wheels look better. 8)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Yep, driving up from Poole shortly.
    I’ll be blowing snot everywhere at the back of the pack in a HereComeTheBelgians skinsuit 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

7pm start and it’s just started to rain here, excellent timing! Wasn’t this meant to be a Summer series?

dobo
    Free Member

Well how did you all get on? slippery mud fest or fast n furious?

Will try and get one of the newbury races under my belt as im just down the a34. never done a summer cx…

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got stuffed with puppy sitting sadly as the daughter went to work and wife took son to tae kwondo. Hope you all survived !!

eskay

Will try and get one of the newbury races under my belt as im just down the a34. never done a summer cx…

Summer cx is ace! Anyone in the Bristol area should look up the Western Series on the BC website, next one is Wednesday 5th.

robbieh
    Free Member

Did,nt know we had cx
    Locally, Would have come down to watch.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Robs, next time round the pup will be old enough to bring with us !!

triple_s

Was good, dry (2 very small muddy patches) and bumpy. Short lap, I did 14 in 40 mins, got lapped once.

Hopefully they’ll have a slightly more technical course next week, hardly touched my brakes for the whole race.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Summer cx is ace! Anyone in the Bristol area should look up the Western Series on the BC website, next one is Wednesday 5th

Yes. have done 2 so far.. Got 3rd last week at hengrove

Warmley was really bad conditions apparently

robbieh
    Free Member

Robs, next time round the pup will be old enough to bring with us !!

yep, defo got to go for a look mate.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ll have a slightly more technical course next week, hardly touched my brakes for the whole race.

Agree with that, or at least stike some hurdles in. The top end of the park looks like you could put some technical sections in. They did say that they want to cater for all so I guess it will be similar every week.

It was indeed very bumpy, my hands started to go numb after about 30 minutes. The bumps made for a very hard energy sapping race. Happy with 6th though and lap times were pretty consistant, all within about 6 seconds of each other.

crankslave

Awesome painful fun last night.

I asked about barriers and it takes them into a whole lot of additional BC regs to do and it make it less of an open for all race, but some extra tech would be good if it can be found.

Ride Again Photography were out taking some photos, they’re here http://tinyurl.com/l4gn7pw

trickydisco
    Free Member

sounds awesome. My mate from bristol (road club) won it! That was after a disastrous wednesday race where his brakes failed.

i love cross

wilhay
    Free Member

Going to try make the next one ( Wedding anniversary duties scuppered this one.) what was the size of the field? just concerned about it being oversubscribed when I get there..

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

There was a field of about 30 last night so you’ll be ok. You’ll also get about 30 – 40 minutes before the start to ride the course.

At was all a very relaxed and a great atmosphere. Highly recommend you come along.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm how quickly could I get a cx bike built up…? 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

oh btw.. round 7 of the western league (26th jun) – odd down they are using part of the new circuit and the bmx ramp.. including start ramps, berms and jumps!

” It uses bits of the new tarmac circuit and the best bits of Chris old ‘Tumps’ course including the start ramp and first set of jumps and berm on the newly refurbished BMX track.”

eskay

The bath one sounds amazing, I wondered what the course would be when I saw the fixture.

All being well I’ll be doing that one.

trickydisco
    Free Member

yea.. i can’t wait. I;d love to see a cyclocross race in castle park in Bristol but don’t think the council are up for it. Would be great to get more people watching

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

A good old fashion bit of resurrection…

Just to let you know that the series will run again this summer, it’ll be on each Thursday during June and the first two in July. The venue is the same as last year but we are working on some new course layouts. Those of you that could make it last year hopefully noticed the course getting slightly more technical each week, we tried to introduce new challenges where possible but keep it accessible for all. The plan this year is to continue with same plan and hopefully boards will make an appearance!!!

Each round is in the BC calendar but follow us on Twitter @NewburySummerCX for updates

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Newbury Summer Cyclocross’ is closed to new replies.