Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Newbury Summer CX
  • Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Morning,

I’m only an occasional poster on here so please go easy…

I’m one of the organisers of Newbury Summer CX and I’m after some event/course feedback; so if any of you have had chance to come to Newbury on a Thursday evening and race/ride one of our events please can you let me know what you thought, what went well, what didn’t go so well, changes that you could would like to see or what would you like to see more of – please let me know.

Thanks for your input…

seanbolton
    Free Member

Hi Adam

I rode yesterday, my first time at your summer series.

Excellent race.

Course was well designed and marked, wide too so plenty of passing space. Results service is the best around.

A great workout for the summer, and good to see the races for the Under 12s and Under 14s had good turn outs.

Trying to think of an improvement, maybe a wider start going up the hill to thin the field out before the woodland bit. Minor though.

I think that is the hardest I have ridden my bike this year. Very enjoyable.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Any links to the events, so us locals know where to find them please.

seanbolton
    Free Member

http://www.banjocycles.com/summer-cx

Adam, just noticed that in the Under 14 results I think Liam Sewell and Oliver Shakespeare are swapped (Liam won I think).

Also, I tried to email you at the address on the results website, summercx@banjocycles.com but it bounced straight back.

cheers

Sean

seanbolton
    Free Member

Hello Thrustyjust

If you are interested in local cyclo-cross, check out the excellent Wessex Cyclo-Cross League website.

http://www.wessexcx.co.uk/

First league race is on 6th September (in Newbury), then races most weekends until January.

Sean

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses, I’m really pleased the event are being enjoyed.

The results from yesterday are being reviewed, some corrupt data slipped through when it was uploaded so they will be updated.

The contact address should be summer.cx@hotmail.co.uk so I’ll get that changed today too.

Keep it coming this is great info…

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Bump for the afternoon crowd…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yet to race one (dithering over a CX bike) but heard nothing but good things about it. Know quite a few ride them on XC bikes (didn’t Phil Pearce do rather well on his the other week?) Maybe a sub category for XC bikes? Appreciate this may be something you don’t want to do though.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

You right about us having quite a few mtb’s, Phil Pearce came 2nd and this week Steve James won on his Epic, but most importantly the less experienced riders use them as it’s often all they have.

The series was started for not only regular riders to have a mid week smash up but also to encourage non competitive cyclist to dip their toe in the water, hence we encourage MTB’s and if we split them out I’d be worried that we’d just end up with two small races, one containing very fast people as highlighted above with those that are learning and a second one with cross bikes – also I’d fear for my own welfare as the results man would shoot me!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Newbury Summer CX’ is closed to new replies.