• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Newbie smartphone advice – Samsung A3
  • PJay
    Free Member

I bought my wife a Samsung A3 smartphone for Christmas. It’s an Android device and immediately familiar as I own an Android tablet. We’ve just transferred my wife’s number and current (no data) contract to her new phone.

She’s thinking about upgrading her contract to include some data but is currently happy using it on our home Wi-Fi.

I would assume that the phone will use Wi-Fi by default when connected to an available Wi-Fi network but I wouldn’t want her running up a big bill if the phone is ‘sneaky’ enough to connect via 4G by default.

Is there anything I need to do setting-wise to ensure that the phone will default to Wi-Fi where available and would the phone indicate when it’s using 4G?

Mowgli
    Free Member

You can disable ‘mobile data’. On my Samsung you drag down from the top of the screen and it’s one of the shortcut buttons. Usually next to Wifi, GPS etc.

matt_outandabout

On all our various Android phones, you can set wifi as default, only connects when away from wifi, or disable data within a couple of clicks from top drop down menu.

PJay
    Free Member

Thanks very much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Newbie smartphone advice – Samsung A3’ is closed to new replies.