Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Newbie seeking full sus help
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Welcome. If I may, another way of asking this question would be “Experienced riders of STW who I know likely have several bikes at any one time and have p1ssed away £££££ over the years on various bits and bobs. If you had to have only one bike what would it be?”

Lot of guys on here have full suss XC, all mountain big hitters, singlespeeds (don’t go there, yet) and everything between. I’m guessing about 90% of folk if they only had one bike for everything would go for a nice comfortable hardatail that can take a decent 100-120mm fork. Light, fast and good on all but the really big stuff. Yes demo a few but I’d def have a good look at a steel On-One Inbred 456. Fantastic frames and they do great builds at great prices.

I’ve got a One-One Ti hardtail for year round fun and a Santa Cruz Blur for dry summer XC madness, cant see me changing either anytime soon. Took me years to get there though.

Oh and if you have the same bike in 2yrs its because you didnt get into it. Its just kind of like that…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think it’s natural to evolve through a series of bikes. I’m 95% riding my 5″ FS but I rode my Hardcore HT today and had a gas downhill as the rear end bounded around on rocks. Mind you, I’d has some strong ales at the beer festival! [Well I think Exmoor “Beast” is strong at 6.6%]

I’m currently lusting after an small on-one summer season to be the new hardcore HT.

BTW. finding someone to ride with and encourage you is way more important than the “What Bike” aspect IMO.

mcboo
    Free Member

Buzz “BTW. finding someone to ride with and encourage you is way more important than the “What Bike” aspect IMO.”

…..and so say all of us

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Newbie seeking full sus help’ is closed to new replies.