Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • New Zealand – a vid what i did..
  • spacehopper

my first attempt at a gopro vid.. 🙂

its a bit pants but i learnt loads about what to shoot for next time!

[video]http://vimeo.com/92145815[/video]

superfli
    Free Member

Loved it! Great vid!
    I’m well jealous though, puts my Devon camping holidays to shame 🙁

climbingkev
    Free Member

Good effort, bought back some cracking memories, thankyou!

DT78
    Free Member

Really great vid, puts my holiday snaps to shame! What are the tunes?

matt_outandabout

Oooh, you jammy…Very envious.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Great work matey loved watching it you did a great job of editing as well:)

bearnecessities

I watched every bit of that, which says something! Nice natural bike skills too 😀

Was that Zero 7 playing from around 5:30?

fandango
    Free Member

That was terrific! Brings back memories of my (bike-less) year in NZ! Don’t tell my wife (she’s an Aussie), but it’s my favourite country. Great tunes too.

spacehopper

thank you all for the nice comments 🙂

skills improvements come via Great Rock and BasqueMTB

Tunes in order of play..

Santogold – Lights out
    The War on Drugs – Red eyes
    Junip (Jose Gonzalez’s band) – Far Away
    The Raveonettes – Heart of Stone

corroded
    Free Member

Like. A lot. It’s one of life’s cruel twists that such a wonderful place is so freaking far away.

gribble
    Free Member

Great video, very well edited and nice mix of stuff.

Love New Zealand, but didn’t do all the cool stuff you guys did.

Beats being in the office!

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Great vid mate got the travelling bug back after about 1 min of the vid.
    Don’t you hate landing back at heathrow 🙁

coogan
    Free Member

Very good. New Zealand is my next planned big trip. Just back from a 5 days in Dubai and over 3 weeks in Australia. After watching that video, it hasn’t helped my holiday blues mind you!

maxtorque

Nice vid! Not often i would sit and watch >9min of someone else’s holiday footage, but that was nicely put together and enthralling, and a nice bit of riding thrown in too 😉

(did you spend the whole trip glued to your go-pro though? that would put me off doing the same…….)

NZCol

Good to see you doubled up on the Luge action !

plyphon
    Free Member

I’m on holiday in NZ right now (Currently very rainy in Wellington) – I did some riding out in Wanaka and Queenstown – dope ey!

Sick vid man, stoked

goby

Thats a great video, really enjoyed it looks like you had great fun there and making it!
    So wanna go to NZ with the family!

pomona
    Free Member

Wish my holiday films looked that slick!

plyphon – Member
    I’m on holiday in NZ right now (Currently very rainy in Wellington)

Tis a bit wet here. If you want somewhere to ride Red Rocks track holds up best in the wet.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

nice video – what sort of go pro camera was it? clarity is about as good as ‘professional’ videos ive watched, impressive camera (and video)!

spacehopper

It was mostly shot using a GoPro 3+ at 1080p and 50 frames per second..

the ‘onboard’ paragliding stuff was shot using the instructors Hero 3 Silver edition… and to be honest i cant actually see that much difference between the two cameras..!

Last time we visited for my partners brothers wedding in 2009 we even tripled up on the luging! at the now closed Auckland luge site.. she is a bit addicted to Luge!

we where there for three weeks and i didnt actually shoot that much stuff to be honest.. looking back there was quite a lot of more incidental family stuff i wish i had filmed that i didnt..

the beauty of the small camera is most of the time you can just either attach it to yourself or your equipment and forget about it.. its also easy to just stash in a pocket (or an understanding partners handbag!) with a gorillapod tripod attached and then whip out when needed..

the main thing I learnt was you probably only need to shoot a couple of minutes at the very most of anything you do, with maybe a couple of angles and that will then translate into a decent ten seconds or so in the final edit.. which is more than enough.

And to just try and shoot from the hip so to speak as you do stuff, rather than set it all up as it just looks more natural and also takes less time and doesnt get in the way of actually enjoying what you are doing!

and then in the final edit keep everything short and snappy to keep people interested.. looking at other examples of similar videos though this first attempt is probably too long at 9 minutes.

Burchy1
    Free Member

I liked that, a lot 🙂

Brought back a lot of memories, including the greatest Luge race ever. Stepped off the lift in Rotorua, in drizzling rain, to find 25 Japanese middle aged tourists heading off down the Luge track. cue one of the funniest (and probably quite intimidating for them) experiences ever. I felt like the race leader carving through the backmarkers of an F1 race :mrgreen:

scruzer
    Free Member

Nice one! Brought back memories of my bike tour there in ’95/96. Thanks for sharing!

rwills2
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that thanks for sharing

thepodge
    Free Member

That’s a bloody good video

kongman28
    Free Member

That’s a great video. I try and do a bit gopro video myself, mainly of the family. Can I just ask what settings you used for the time lapse stuff through the airports etc? And I assume you had it on the ‘chesty’ for those bits?

spacehopper

for the airport and walk down to cathedral cove i just held the camera in my hand and held it close to my chest..

didnt want to look stoopid and airport security alerting wearing a chesty strap setup..

it was set to take a photo every second.. and in the film that ran at 12 or 15 FPS (i forget which..)

doing it again.. id probably use a photo every 0.5 seconds.. and then 24 or 30 FPS in the editor so it ran a bit smoother in the finished video.. though that would use loads more space on the memory card..

taxi25
    Free Member

Not sure why you reckon its a bit pants. Honestly its really good. Seen worse riding as well.

kongman28
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Great video really enjoyed watching that….now all I have to do is find somewhere that does street luge in the uk with an uplift!

houndlegs
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that, and I normally get fed up with vids like that after about a minute or so. Thank you.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What he said ^^^^

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘New Zealand – a vid what i did..’ is closed to new replies.