Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New Z06 Corvette.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

What a noise!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9nV-qtXro[/video]

titusrider
    Free Member

Too fast, too noisy, you will 100% certainly kill everyone in a 20 mile radius, Blah blah blah

(Ps I like it but wouldn’t have one, too American and no class)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Think of the children.

BTW, the R Estate thread that was on here the other day I managed to bite my tongue and not reply to due to the excessive knob comments on there. Instead I read the exact same thread on pistonheads and realised why, if you want a sensible discussion about cars, you go to a car forum.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Can’t even out brake a Mondeo – I’m out.

wwaswas

*this is what an exhaust should sound like*

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DruAUxV9kaI[/video]

although it does appear to be running a bit rich…

jimjam
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

*this is what an exhaust should sound like*

Doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid. Sounds like a boat.

wwaswas

this one’s always impressed me, as much for his rather casual approach to driving a v16 F1 car on snowy public roads as the engine noise;

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umO3iqac_4c[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

Oh my ****! That’s an engine alright.

epicyclo

Looks like the Packard Bentley is the most fun.

if they fitted a bike rack, very practical too. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks just a bit American…

BTW, the R Estate thread that was on here the other day I managed to bite my tongue and not reply to due to the excessive knob comments on there. Instead I read the exact same thread on pistonheads and realised why, if you want a sensible discussion about cars, you go to a car forum.

Or just to somewhere that people agree with your own views rather than challenging them 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Looks just a bit American…

They’ve done well though bless em. It’s not an ugly car, just a bit ‘Murica.

LoCo
    Free Member

V.quick, but not that well made, Clarkson on top gear pointed out really thin plastic body work and bits looking like they wouldn’t last long, from memory.
    Still good engine to put in something else 😉

richmtb

What a noise! 1.1G of lateral is very impressive too. I’m not sure about the looks but you can’t really fault the engineering

jimjam
    Free Member

you can’t really fault the engineering

Unless you’re a multi millionaire journalist/windbag.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

you can’t really fault the engineering

Unless you’re a multi millionaire journalist/windbag[/quote]
    Would that be the journalist who has actually driven it rather than looking at a you tube and going mmm noise

LoCo
    Free Member

Think overall he (Clarkson) liked it as was a good fun (super) car, just the finish was a bit shonky, looks a bit like the Ferrari GT car thing if you squint too (no bad thing)

jimjam
    Free Member

Would that be the journalist who has actually driven it rather than looking at a you tube and going mmm noise

Yeah but saying ‘mmmm noise” isn’t a review of the car,nor is it meant to be, nor should any right thinking person imagine it was, rather commenting on the lovely noise it makes.

Then again if you give any credence to anything Clarskon says or actually believe that his “reviews” are anything other than performance pieces you might be confused since commenting on the noise of a car and pulling funny faces is about all he is good for.

LoCo
    Free Member

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/291523/2014_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_z51_review_price_and_specs.html

The C7’s interior quality is vastly better than that of any of its predecessors. Materials quality might not be quite on a par with upmarket rivals, but it’s well-finished and feels far more durable than its made-from-Styrofoam ancestors. Apart from some booming acoustics, it cruises extremely well – and we managed 25mpg (imperial) for 400 miles of mixed use.

Evo; old one a bit shonkily finished, new one lots better.

Bit more credible than Clarkson 😉

fd3chris
    Free Member

That car is lovely, very camaroish at the back but then they are family I guess. if only my pockets were deep enough!

wwaswas

Motorsport did a review of it.

Said it was a good car (and probably better than the equivalent Jag) but that for £60,000 in the uk left hand drive only it was going to be a tough sell on image as much as anything.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New Z06 Corvette.’ is closed to new replies.