• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Years Eve?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I know I’ve left it late but I’m struggling for ideas

Looking to do something different this year

Considered London and Edinburgh but I’m thinking that both of those options could be too chaotic

Thinking about a night away, somewhere with a decent celebration, fireworks etc

Two years ago I was in Brussels which was nice, fireworks in the Grand Place, but still could walk around without being crushed

I can’t afford to go abroad again, so it will have to be somewhere in the UK. I’m in the peak district but will travel

Any ideas?

Freester

Weymouth

HTH

binners
    scotroutes

Inverness

http://www.hogmanay.net/events/scotland/inverness/red-hot-highland-fling-inverness
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVbawcmNXw[/video]

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Bugger all as I’m on shift at 7am NYD (yay for double time and a a days TOiL). The joys of working for a 24 hours a day, 365 days a year service.

Mind, managed to get 4 days off over Chrimbo so nice to have some time with the missus and the kidlets.

TheFlyingOx

Edinburgh’s a good shout if you keep away from the Princes Street party. I can’t imagine anything worse than paying for the privilege of being herded outside in the bitter cold all night surrounded by 100,000 strangers and potentially getting a soaking if the weather’s not up for it.

Head up to the Bread Street/Lothian Road/Tolcross area and you’ll have a whale of a time. Plenty of pubs that aren’t heaving, you nip round the corner onto Castle Terrace and get a tremendous view of the fireworks at the bells, then back into the pubs until silly o’clock.

brakes
    Free Member

middle of nowhere, away from every other c*** who’s annoyed you over Christmas?

benji
    Free Member

Sleeping, hoping not to be woken by fireworks.

I’m more pleased to see the shortest day out the way, than a new calendar on the wall.

jools182
    Free Member

The flying ox – do you need tickets or anything to get in the pubs in that area?

duncancallum

Great langdale camp site. Then haweswater day after?

somafunk

Stonehaven fire festival, my mate usually plays at it every new year and says it’s a guid night/following day oot .

sparkyrhino

Dancing naked on the roof of a high rise building,shouting at planes,again

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve looked at the predictions for this year’s festivities and early indications would seem to suggest that new years eve will very likely fall somewhere towards the tail end of December and perhaps continue into the beginning of January

Although I haven’t actually seen any physical proof, I’ve no reason to doubt those claims

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Years Eve?’ is closed to new replies.