Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New XT 785 disc brakes, are they flip flop / reversable?
  • m1kea
    Free Member

Toying with trying these in places of some Elixrs R’s.

However I can’t find any info on whether the levers are reversible?

I run my front brake on the left and don’t want to have to strip and bleed a brand new product just to get it to fit.

Can anyone help?

Ta

rocketman
    Free Member

…whether the levers are reversible?

Sadly no

thv3
    Free Member

Nope, not reversible.

Very nice though, although too early to properly comment.

Mister-P
    Free Member

What he said. The only flip flop ones I can think of are the BL-M575 levers. They have a bleed port on top and bottom. The XT ones only have it on the top.

m1kea
    Free Member

@rse. So that means a complete hose dismantlement, something I’ve never done and don’t really want to learn the hard way on a brand new product. 😐

Oh and all six of my currently running bikes are left hand fronts so I’m not going to change before someone suggests it.

Cheers for the replies though

roddi18
    Free Member

They aren’t reversable but you can buy them to be handed different left/right from crc. Well you can’t buy them yet but you will be able to when they come in stock, mid september to madison. Crc are world wide so they stock for uk tradition and the rest of the world

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67208

m1kea
    Free Member

roddi18

Evans HQ have them in stock and I need to go up that way shortly.- Might at least have a gander at them.

craigxxl
    Free Member

or just swap the hoses over.

m1kea
    Free Member

rocketman

Not used Bike24 before, are the decent?

Had a gander at the levers in Evans and I really CBA to dismantle brand new stuff, especially if it needs a bleed kit to do it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New XT 785 disc brakes, are they flip flop / reversable?’ is closed to new replies.