• This topic has 47 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by paton.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • New XCC format
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s interesting to see XC from the rest of the world perspective. It’s more popular and has better grass roots support in other areas – they have regular evening races run by local clubs, plenty more XC events with decent prize money which is keeping the flow of riders coming through.

ferrals
    Free Member

XC (or even road tours for that matter) may not make interesting TV for the average punter

This is the thing, even the tour de france is pretty dull for the most part, but road cycling is on trend so it draws in viewers. What ever you do to xc, the too cool for skool wanabee enduro gang will dismiss it out of hand (I put wanabee because I’ve been in xc races with good enduro racers and they smash the proverbial out of it and normally win sports cat).

I like the idea of the short course as a different event, but not as a seeding for the proper event.

chakaping
    Free Member

What ever you do to xc, the too cool for skool wanabee enduro gang will dismiss it out of hand (I put wanabee because I’ve been in xc races with good enduro racers and they smash the proverbial out of it and normally win sports cat).

Well I’m very much an also-ran when I race enduros and I enjoy the odd XC race.

Are you sure you haven’t just got a little bit of a chip on your shoulder? Do you think the words you’ve used will encourage more too coolfor school wannabe enduro warriors to try XC?

mrmo
    Free Member

they have regular evening races run by local clubs,

Who runs cross races and road races, now look at MTB who exists to do the same? pissing about with formats really isn’t going to fix anything. If your competitive you will race, but there needs to be somewhere to race.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who runs cross races and road races, now look at MTB who exists to do the same? pissing about with formats really isn’t going to fix anything

2 different things going on there. UCI is looking after it’s end and BC who needs to sort it’s crap out with the infrastructure and set ups

ferrals
    Free Member

Are you sure you haven’t just got a little bit of a chip on your shoulder? Do you think the words you’ve used will encourage more too coolfor school wannabe enduro warriors to try XC?

I was attempting to be mildly humourous! 😳

edit. Its a valid point re. club structure. Not many organised mtb clubs (round here anyway) who would put on grass roots events.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Same here for me. There’s not a great deal XC-wise in Kent, though it has been of more interest to me lately.
    And just think; We’ll get to obsess about the new bike specific to it!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘New XCC format’ is closed to new replies.