Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • new xc rear tyre time – whats better than a racing ralph?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Used ralphs since I started racing. Yet another slash means the third this year going in the bin. What is similar in terms of speed but with a bit more resistance. I’ve tried the snakeskin version. Last 2 slashs have been in the centre of the casing between the knobs.

daveh
    Free Member

Ikon with the full compliment of sidewall abbreviations?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Bontrager XR2

mintimperial

Tried the Evo Double Defence RaRa? I killed a couple of snakeskin ones in quick succession and was about to make the switch like you but I spotted the DD one and decided to give it one last chance. It’s been on there for a couple of summers now and I’ve not had a single flat yet. Bit heavier mind, but I think it’s worth it.

welshfarmer

+1 for Ikon with all the bells and whistles

adsh
    Free Member

Conti raceking protection? Mind you I punctured yesterday but they seem a bit stronger

fudge9202
    Free Member

The new Hutchinson Python 2.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ikon/ardent race in exo?

ks562
    Free Member

Another vote for xr2. Went for this after the third slash of the year on my racing ralph. Impressed so far.

otsdr
    Free Member

+1 for Ikon, I have it without EXO and I’ve yet to cut/puncture it.

mccraque

I’ve used conti raceking and x king protections on the rear to good effect – and also repaired holes through treads with tiptop tubeless tyre patches. So at least you could squeeze some further life out of the Ralph

Maxxis cross mark seems reasonably resilient too.

tang
    Free Member

Vittoria (pre Geax) worth a look. I’m liking the AKA as a dry tyre and have the Barzo on atm. Pretty tough.

cheers_drive

I had issues with RaRas and RoRos cutting on flint and changed to Geax Suguaro which has been great. Heavier but faster rolling

mafiafish
    Free Member

Bontrager XR2

I really like Bontrager XR1s too. Find their limits in clay/ wettest mud (which can be fun) and climbing steep, wet grass. Still, a fast 2/3 season all-rounder . I’ve not tried the Ikon though…

moonboy
    Free Member

Another vote for Conti Race King protection.

12 months plus on the HT and no puncture. On my second tyre!

(i will now flat on the way home)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘new xc rear tyre time – whats better than a racing ralph?’ is closed to new replies.