Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New XC racer!!
  • flip
    Free Member

Built it today, new frame, saddle and seatpin, the rest off other bikes.

JB
    Free Member

A man with good taste… Snap!!!
    Finished building it last Saturday morning… raced it at 1st round of Midlands XC on Sunday morning.

flip
    Free Member

Mega 😀 going out on it tommorow, been wanting one for ages, i think i prefer hardtails myself.
    I sold my Scott Spark frame to get one.

JB
    Free Member

You wont be disappointed, razor sharp handling, accelerates out of bends and up hill outrageously… you’ll love it!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tyre logo on the back wheel doesn’t line up
    Saddle looks like the nose is pointing up
    Replace the end cap on the window sill.

Other than that – enjoy!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that bottle cage not on upside down and did you convert the garage yourself? Looks faaaaaast

flip
    Free Member

Saddle is spot on just the drive slopes up 🙄

flip
    Free Member

It’s a PZ racing cage and it is on right, thats the kitchen extension the double garage is next to it out the picture.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Still doesn’t explain the tyres and the windowsill end cap though !

😉

rOcKeTdOg

that looks lush, not a fan of the cable routing from the first stop to the bars though, i’d have gone the other side of the stem with the one nearest camera, and made then a bit longer

JxL
    Free Member

Very nice, I was thinking about this frame for an upgrade! What’s the weight of the bike?

+ what size is the frame?

flip
    Free Member

The cable routing is the best way i think, i tried about 37 ways, i think the stops are too close to the headtube. If it goes the other side of the stem the bends are really sharp.

flip
    Free Member

Thats a Medium they are quite small, i’m 5′ 7″ and it’s perfect.

I’ll weigh it later, i got to take my son to Karate now 🙄

flip
    Free Member

It weighs 23 lb by my scales, sounds about right 😮

Keva
    Free Member

I rode a maxlight xc pro for a few years until it cracked. I had the 2004 one, great bike.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I`m tempted by one of these to repalce my XTC frame.Are they an out and out race machine or are they comfortable enough for longer rides?

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’m building a silver one of those with SIDS – can’t wait to ride it 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Don’t know about comfort, only ridden it up my road.
    Ill tell you later after a couple hours up Cannock Chase 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Slight hijack, Jolly Green Giant the new XTC is far better for general riding than the last one, takes the modern fangled 100mm forks now and has slacker angles. Just built this from the frame only option. The Kinesis was the other option for me, but my mates a Giant dealer so hey ho.

oldgit
    Free Member

Longer stem fitted now and the garden has been manicured to within an inch of it’s life as well.

matt_outandabout

Ground level close to DPC level there oldgit 😉

emac65
    Free Member

I`m tempted by one of these to repalce my XTC frame.Are they an out and out race machine or are they comfortable enough for longer rides?

I’ve got the older xc-Pro version(without the carbon r/stays)& I’ve done a fair few long rides on it.Rode The Dyfi on it twice too,so I’d say yes very comfortable……

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmm does look odd. Think it’s just the gravel moving about.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Old git,mines an older 2006 XTC which came with 100mm forks.Think Giant changed it for 2007 to more of a jey boy xc racer geometry,with 80m forks,now sounds like they`ve gone back to,the older design!
    Seems strange as they now also have the new Talon,which is meant to be mpore “trail orietnated” too.
    Still quite like the look of the XC Pro2 though.
    I quite liked the idea of a white one,but there only seems to be red left in stock on CRC.Having seen the pics the red looks pretty swish.
    Any better deals than £360.Saw one for £310 but no stockuntil August…..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New XC racer!!’ is closed to new replies.