Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • New XC Race Frame – thoughts
  • njee20
    Free Member

I do indeed have some – Light Bicycle hookless rims on Amercian Classic hubs, with DT Revolutions and alu nips. 1370g, impressively stiff, and not broken thus far. Wouldn’t change anything if I was starting again!

Cost was about £500 getting hubs from AE Bike in the US and spokes from Germany.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Easton, Reynolds, SRAM, quite a few do them. Most of the chat here is about the light-bicycle wheelsets/rims.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Njee20, did you consider just getting a wheelset from light bicycle? Those American Classic hubs worth the extra effort?

njee20
    Free Member

I didn’t really look into it to be honest. I knew I wanted the American Classics, because I needed 142x12mm, with an XD body and 15mm front, their options seemed a bit limiting. I’m happy building my own wheels, so that wasn’t an issue either.

The AMCs seem very good, light, roll nicely, understated look. Pretty cheap too from the US, even paying taxes and that (which were £45 IIRC).

mrblobby
    Free Member

New Enve M series rims in the link over there >>>>

850 quid for a rim 😯

Edit… Pair it with one of them new RS-1 forks too at $1800 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Which reminded me about the RS-1, and I see Pinkbike have just posted more details.

XC race only – adjustable travel. Heavier than a SID WC. More expensive than a SID WC. Requires their front hub, which is probably heavier than the alternatives. Considering thru-axles are only just making inroads in XC that seems a bit weird to me!

Edit: see STW now have the same info!

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘New XC Race Frame – thoughts’ is closed to new replies.