Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New workshop/garage advice
  • Lummox

Moving in with my girlfriend and upgrading spanner waggling facilities from small shed to nice big single garage, girlfriend has said i can use it as a bike workshop man cave and can fit it out with a workbench etc etc

What have you guys an girls done to create your space?

I need

a decent workbench (thinking off cut worktop from B and Q for a vice, wheel true stand general cups of tea etc

Would love a toolbox set up with some drawers but can’t justify over 50 notes

Need a rail to hang cycle clothes shoes etc

Really just after some ideas from other man cave / workshop dwellers.

Voyeur style pics too would be good

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a kitchen worktop in mine. Ikea have good bits in their bargin section. £10 for a 2.5m length with a couple of small chips in it.

You should be able to get a tool drawer unit for around £50. Splash out if you can, it’s well worth it. I worried at paying £100 for mine but its worth every penny

2tyred

I inherited my shed and workbench, but its just built from bits of wood and leftover decking, guy we bought the house from was a keen diy-er. First thing I bought was a bench vice, that’s got to be your first purchase.

Got shelving under the workbench, a workstand, standing shelves and a load of nails hammered in at random intervals to hang stuff. Big enough for tools, kit, random wheels and four bikes. Bit on the poky side, but one of these days I’ll tidy it properly and it’ll feel huge.

Vortexracing

Mines here,

used some kitchen units form the local DIY place.

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

Wow Vortex, thats impressively tidy! I have to say my workshops a mess at the moment, so im avoiding it … music, good lights and I would advise investing in pegboard, good quality metal stuff if possible -to hang your tools and bits on, creates order and purpose, it gives me a wonderful sense of wellbeing.

Sorry no photos will put that on the “to do” list

tinribz
    Free Member

I built one of these for next to nothing from those £3 2.4m lenths you get from B&Q and some chipboard.

Actually I customised a bit with 4 legs front and back and a gap in the middle for a seat. Kept it narrowish and tall but it’s solid as a rock. Cheap circler saw & small vice bolted on.

Knocked it up in a day with the circler saw. Dead easy, no joints.

Can do pics / plans if you want.

Lummox

awesome just what i wanted, think i’ve got some old cabinets in the roof and ikea sounds good for the worktop. I think the metal tool case will have to wait a bit longer but the rest is all quite do able, like the workbench too. Wondering now if there’ll be any space left for bikes now 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New workshop/garage advice’ is closed to new replies.