• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New wireless electronic dropper
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Looks interesting. From Magura of all places, good to see that they have tried to push this, I like it.
    http://nsmb.com/magura-vyron-elect-wireless-dropper-post/

cokie

Very cool! Looks like the way forward. One of the rare electronic bits of kit I’d have on the bike.

legend
    Free Member

Meh, still a riser post

nickjb
    Free Member

Quite like the idea of marrying it up with their electronic shocks. You can flick to downhill/climbing/pootling at the flick of a button.

nixie

Looks good. Hope it works well.

daver27
    Free Member

Seen a few pics of this and i can’t for the life of me work out what idiot thought putting the electronics (granted they are covered by a rubber flap) on the back side of the post was a good idea..

Also, when the post is fully dropped on small frames, i bet that part gets a bit of a tyre buzz at full compression..

Other than that, it looks good, although 400 cycles till flat doesn’t seem that many to me? And they also need to bring out a single button remote rather than one that, for most people, will have 2 redundant buttons.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cool that you can just slide the thing out for charging I thought. You could just plug it into the car or whatever if needed.

honourablegeorge

What I don’t like the sound of is “press the button, then wait a second” – Wait a second? Why isn’t it instant?

binners

Imagine the fun you could have if you could somehow remote control your mates dropper 😆

scaled
    Free Member

Imagine the fun you could have if you could somehow remote control your mates dropper

reminds me of the story of a bloke whos garmin had paired with his mates power meter 😀

lcj

Looks interesting, but wouldn’t rush to be the first to have it. Definitely one to let settle in!

What I would like to see is a post that could drop without having to sit on it though. Are you listening, SRAM?

Cheezpleez

Not convinced. I don’t have a problem with either cable or hydraulic activation on the posts I have. Mind you, I’m a Luddite and prefer simple things I can understand and service myself.

Waiting a second for it to work sounds like a massive fail if true.

5thElefant
    Free Member

When you ride past a generator at a 24hr event does it hammer your knackers at 50hz?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with either cable or hydraulic activation on the posts I have.

apart from the ugly cables?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Stealth is just fine for me

Junkyard
    Free Member

apart from the ugly cables?

Really this is what you worry about rather than whether it works reliably or whether it will run out of charge at some point?

As one cannot remove all cables one has to live with “ugly cables” we are only discussing how many

A bit pricey, dont like the delay and I dont like the fact it can run out of power

DezB
    Free Member

$429 USD

You could get a bike for that! 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New wireless electronic dropper’ is closed to new replies.