Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • New winter road bike frame suggestions please
  • Kryton57

Becuase its last of the model. The last one, ever replaced by the Ethos. And it could be yours – now THATS exlusive.

Phone them and have a chat, they’ll probably measure it up for you while your on the phone.

You can buy frame only if you google the name, for example:

http://www.hewittcycles.co.uk/enigma?product_id=13618

Oh god, I might have talked myself in buying that frame.

mrblobby
    Free Member

May give them a call. Though looks a bit tall.

Oh god, I might have talked myself in buying that frame.

Not again! 😉

Kryton57

😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Blobby – you still didn’t say what size frame you’re after.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Something with a stack of no more than 57cm and a reach of about 40cm or more, ETT of around 57cm. So on the 4S it’d be something like the 54. But it tends to vary by model and manufacturer. Stack height seems to be a limiting factor in frame size as I like a low front end but don’t want a ridiculously angled stem.

Maybe I need to go custom!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get teh Ritchey; they look awesome and are supposed to ride very well, aswell as being pretty light and stiff (for a steel frame). I’d have one but the sizing doesn’t really suit.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Get teh Ritchey;

Well the 55 does look pretty spot on. May see if I can find one to swing a leg over.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I was intrigued about the Enigma and found the geo on Google Cache:
    Scroll down for geo

mrblobby
    Free Member

theflatboy, thanks, I tried and failed to do the same thing! Confirms my suspicions.

hammyuk
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Something with a stack of no more than 57cm and a reach of about 40cm or more, ETT of around 57cm. So on the 4S it’d be something like the 54. But it tends to vary by model and manufacturer. Stack height seems to be a limiting factor in frame size as I like a low front end but don’t want a ridiculously angled stem.

Maybe I need to go custom!

This is the specs for the SCR I’m selling – compact geometry so fits larger – 5’7 t0 5’11

mrblobby
    Free Member

This is the specs for the SCR I’m selling

Not very exciting, sorry 😉

Kryton57

mrblobby – Member
    theflatboy, thanks, I tried and failed to do the same thing! Confirms my suspicions.

Arse, I’d need a 56.

m1kea
    Free Member

MrBlobby

I certainly wouldn’t call the Etape toury as it’s about the only ‘winter’ frame I know that takes 49mm brakes, though I get where you’re coming from. The beauty of Ti in the winter is the ease of frame cleaning.

The Arkose was 11 speed (ALL my other bikes are 10 speed) so I thought what the hell and went disc. However I again get the ‘hassle’ about multiple wheels.

Would defo give ChrisA’s frame consideration if the sizing worked for you.

schmiken

I have a 4S as well, it’s a replacement for a Racelight T. I really like it (honeymoon period pending). It handles better than the last bike, is just as comfy and has a good race geometry. Proper mounts for racks and guards too, no bodging required!

I’m waiting on some new tyres, will post an updated pic when they arrive.

schmiken

Photo!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice that. Still not convinced it’s not going to either be too short or too high. Looking at the numbers I’d probably go for a 54 with a long stem but at 6ft it might look a bit funny.

slowjo
    Free Member

I have a Kinesis T2 for winter use and love it. I think Kinesis are doing compete bikes for under £800 at the moment.

Cracking machine, fast, comfortable and takes a full set of guards too. It also handles surprisingly well.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm just realised with those PDW fenders I could go for something like a Smartweld Allez. That would fit me and my budget. Tempting.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘New winter road bike frame suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.