Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Wildfire phone, what useful mapping apps are there?
  • stayhigh

Hi all

I have a new Wildfire phone and I’m looking for some apps to play with, like OS maps etc.

What have people found that is good?

I’m new to all this tech type stuff so excuse me being a bit of a ludie lol

Cougar

Well, Google Maps is good, and free.

What are you looking for?

Stoner
    Free Member

search the market for OS Atlas Lite and RMaps

CountZero

Google maps may be free, but you need a data connection to use it. No phone signal=no data=no maps. Plus you’ll get stiffed for the data downloads. Offline maps are always best. ‘Course, it depends on how much storage space you have on board as well.
    [edit] Not being familiar with the phone, I’ve just checked, and as it’s android you can run Viewranger OS maps on it. I use Viewranger, fortunately I had the DVD from when I had my old N95, so I just got the app and sideloaded the whole of the South of England from my computer via wifi. I’ve added some areas in 1:25k as well, which you can buy from Viewranger in chunks. You can get foreign mapping from them as well.[/edit]

stayhigh

View ranger sounds quite handy, i’ll check it out. I was going to get the biggest card I could for that very reason.

CountZero
    stuartm555
    Free Member

MM Tracker is free/cheap and allows offline viewing of 25k OS maps but you need to have the MemoryMap maps already

Edit: I’m sure it works with 50k maps too but I’ve never tried

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Wildfire phone, what useful mapping apps are there?’ is closed to new replies.