Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Whinlatter trails?
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

I read somewhere recently that Whinlatter had just opened a whole load of new singletrack- about 10km apparently. When I try to find more info on the interweb I can’t get anything up to date, have I been misinformed? If I haven’t is it replacing old fire road stuff or just renovating existing tracks?

lee93
    Free Member

I was there Saturday gone no new trails as of I could see the only bit that was new was a black section going from the start of the red north where it separates to bule and red they’ve out some logs down as skinnis? Though there was a section closed on the red north??

scruzer
    Free Member

Good call Pinch_flat. I spent ages trying to find the same info and got nothing. MBR in December issue spoke of 15km of new singletrack…. Enlighten us MBR/Altura/Forestry guys!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxelder

Mbr nonsense. Paul (trail manager) is DIYing a couple hundred metres of new singletrack, which will replace the fireroad which goes left then right to the first section of singletrack on the south loop (think first wee bridge with a sharp left at the end). Mbr heard new trails and 15 km and assumed 15km of new trails, as oppose to new trails bringing singletrack to 15km.
    Theres a volunteer work party up there this Saturday if anyone’s interested – ring cyclewise or Paul Brown at the forestry office.

scruzer
    Free Member

That sounds more like it… Thanks boxelder.

scruzer
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Whinlatter trails?’ is closed to new replies.