Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New wheels talk me out of it .
  • oldfart

Kona Process 3 months in , brilliant bike , the only thing that’s been bugging me from the start are the standard wheels 🙁 SLX hubs plain gauge spokes and WTB rims . Done the maths replacing them with Pro 2s and Stans Arch combo will get the bike weight down below the magic ? 30 lbs plus the clincher of cartridge bearings . I read the article in STW about Heft and it’s true with this bike it doesn’t “ride heavy ” . But fatally been trawling round tinterweb and can the combo I want from Freeborn for just over 300 squid ! Even adding in new cassette and rotors it’s job done for around £370 . So nothing wrong with the current hoops so talk me out of it ! 🙁 650B btw .

honourablegeorge

Lighter wheels can transform a bike. DO it.

And go tubeless while you’re at it, for even more better

robhughes
    Free Member

Go for it.Iv’e got arch EX on evo’s from wicked.Superb wheel set.
    You won’t be happy until you have them. 😀

oldfart

Not helping ! 🙁 Already tubeless BTW question is it necessary to go straight pull ? Extra bunce 🙁

oldfart

robhughes you said wicked ? Tell me more 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Wicked cycles oldfart.
    They where great and included extra 12 X 135 rear adapters and 15mm fronts free of charge with the arch ex as well as the standard q/r,s.
    You normally have to pay for these.
    linky

honourablegeorge

oldfart – Member
    Not helping ! Already tubeless BTW question is it necessary to go straight pull ? Extra bunce

For me, any minor benefits of straight pull would be outweighed by being able yto walk into any shop and get a replacement standard spoke.

(Although Hope chuck in spare standard spokes with their wheels usually – assume they do same for straight pull)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New wheels talk me out of it .’ is closed to new replies.