Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New wheels Hope Tech XC vs Stans Arch EX
  • Lakes_Puma

Looking to get some new wheels in the near future and was all set to get Hope Pro II Evo laced to Stans Arch EX 29er wheels.

I have run a couple of sets of Flow (old and EX) rims and have found then tough enough for me and easy to set up tubeless.

Should I stick with Stans or go with the hope offering, how do they compare for weight, strength and ease of running tubeless?

wl
    Free Member

Very impressed with my ArchEX Hope Hoops in 26″. Hammered twice a week in Pennines and Lakes for 18+ months and still solid as a rock, though scuffed. I had a dodgy Hope bearing explode and wreck the freehub, but Hope gave me a whole new wheel on warranty. Tubeless works fine on them.

andyl
    Free Member

I looked at Arch EX and thought it was a shame they didn’t make them a bit wider tbh.

How do the specs compare?

dunmail
    Free Member

I run the Hope hoops tubeless. No problems other than the occasional user error 🙄 They are about 100g lighter (each) than the Stans EX

wrecker
    Free Member

I looked at Arch EX and thought it was a shame they didn’t make them a bit wider tbh.

? same width as the hope enduro rim.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Arch EX here, 100kg, no issues to report.

Arch EX could well be stiffer than your old Flows due to an increase in nipple bed thickness, recommended spoke tension is up from 100kgf to 125kgf so should build into a stiffer wheel than your old Flows.

Not convinced Flow EXs are any stronger, profile/cross section looks exactly the same, just wider.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m a heavy rider and ran the Arch EX rims on pro 2 evo hubs with no issues. Considering a set for the next bike but umming and arring against the flow ex too for extra strength.

jontykint
    Free Member

neither

go for Spanks

qwerty
    Free Member

WTB KoM?

Lakes_Puma

I want to keep with Hope Pro II evo as I have the bearing kit and a set already and it make keeping spares etc easier

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New wheels Hope Tech XC vs Stans Arch EX’ is closed to new replies.