Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New wheels from Merlin
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

My new wheels arrived this week from Merlin. Put them on the bike today, and unfortunately the rear is definitely wonky, you can see it wobbling when it rotates.

Half of me thinks I should send em back straight away, but then it’ll cost a fortune in posting, i”ll have all the associated hassle of getting out to the delivery office to pick them up. I also just spent the best part of an hour setting them up tubeless so i’ll actually cry if I have to go through that again. I’m thinking the simple option is bite the bullet, take them to the lbs and as them to sort them out. Any ideas how much it’ll cost me?

I was under the impression Merlin were pretty good with wheels, anyone else had a bad expereience?

Northwind

A mates’ set had one slightly wobbly wheel- just a mm or so, and the wheel felt nice otherwise so we didn’t stress about it but I was surprised.

You shouldn’t incur any costs returning a defective item though.

trashcanman
    Free Member

E-mail them and explain the situation stating you shouldn’t have to incur costs.. I had a similar issue & they suggested I pay the postage to return the item, then inform them of the cost & they would refund that amount. Did as suggested & postage refunded as promised.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddyground
    Free Member

If you just don’t want an item, you pay postage to return it within 7 days. If it’s faulty, then the trader should pay the return costs, so putting you back into the position you were in before trading with them. Merlin have been around for ages, so I would expect them to be good guys about this. Why not just call and speak nicely to them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New wheels from Merlin’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts