Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New wheel advice £200 limit probably superstar.
  • grim168
    Free Member

Been looking at superstar and they have a few sets for around £200. 26″ all seem to have their switch evo hubs but a bit of a choice on rims with mavic, stans and pacenti. I’m 14 1/2 stone and mostly ride trail centres and they will be going on a boardman team fs if that matters.
    Thanks in advance, Graham.

dantsw13

Ive bought second hand Hope Pro2/Mavic UST rims second hand in great condition for that price. The hubs are then easily convertible to QR/15/20mm axles and fully serviceable.

Not new, but worth considering IMO

tpbiker
    Free Member

stans flows on the superstar hubs would be my choice

Scapegoat

tpbiker – Member
    stans flows on the superstar hubs would be my choice

and mine.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Mine too !

jonba
    Free Member

+ another. I’ve been happy with my superstar wheels.

Might be worth having a look on merlin see what you can get from them. You might not be a million miles away from hope hoops price wise.

mtbfix

Mavic Crossride?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I bought stans crests on switch evo hubs from superstar for £200 recently and I’m happy with them. The spokes on the front wheel were a bit on the loose side but if you’re buying a wheelset at that price you know they’re not being built by a pro.

If you’re not afraid of a spoke key you can’t go wrong at that price.

alexcornwall
    Free Member
    tymbian
    Free Member

Check your rear-wheel spacing. Its probably 135mm.

I bought a wheel-set from Superstar, two years in, no problems. And I’m a fat **cker. Alex rims ( Nukeproof ) Switch hubs. I’d Defo go with them again if I was on a budget.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New wheel advice £200 limit probably superstar.’ is closed to new replies.