Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Waterproof – what's good?
  • jimmy

After about 10 years my Gill waterproof has give up being waterproof or even now zipping up. I liked this so much because it was so simple – no pockets, flaps, extras of any kind. I want something similar but preferably with a hood (though not essential). Any ideas? I quite liked the Madison Zephyr (I think it was called) but it seems to have disapeared. I like the look of the Royal Racing Matrix but sizing looks dubious for me. Altura Mayhem looks the next best but has pockets galore.

Any other ideas?

rascal
    Free Member

How about a half price burgundy Endura MT500?
    Just bought one and waiting for it’s imminent arrival 🙂

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/endura/mt500-hooded-jacket-ec019857

steezysix
    Free Member

You should have a look at the Inov8 Elite 150 – I got one a while ago an it’s really good. Breathable, light and packs down small. It’s a running jacket but still long at the back and nice long sleeves that don’t ride up on the bike. Can be got for about £135 online.

dudeofdoom

I’m going for a raceface team chute around 100squid on wiggle at the mo 🙂

Was going for the burgundy Endura but decided against as I think the raceface will be a bit more heavyweight…an pit zips are good,

Seems to be a lot of reasonable offers on waterproofs at the moment.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I had a gill too but it died….I have a pace 3×3 now for off road riding but ripped the arm on the 2nd ride out on it on a bramble bush!
    My road waterproof is a Vulpine rain jacket, the most breathable water resistant garment I have ever worn ( they’re not allowed to call it waterproof as the seams aren’t sealed) but I haven’t got wet in mine! I detest boil in the bag jackets and on the back of shredding the arm of the Pace and the fact that vulpine had a sale on a couple of weeks ago I bought a second vulpine rain jacket for off road riding as at half price it made it the same as a decent boil in the bag replacement.
    Be warned though sizing wise a 48″ chest just fits in the XXL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Waterproof – what's good?’ is closed to new replies.