Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New VW Transporter Kombi Pricing
  • josh1982
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I can get a price list for the above? Considering one as a next company car and need the prices and specs before asking the finance director. Don’t fancy a trip to a dealers yet.

What they like for an only car for family of 4 plus dog? 1000 miles a week at work. Will I regret it?

jd-boy
    Free Member

probably on fuel alone. 🙁

josh1982
    Free Member

Regret the fuel consumption? Currently driving Honda accord 2.2 diesel getting 38mpg can’t be much worse…….off to look……..

chojin
    Free Member

I’ve got a 102ps T28, it costs £100 to fill and I get about 500 miles out of a tank.
    I’m hoping that’ll improve as the engine loosens up.

I love driving it though, if it’s of any consolation.

josh1982
    Free Member

37.7 so 32 in real life I guess. Hhhmmm……..I wonder if work will take this into account

josh1982
    Free Member

I expected a bit better mpg……blue line is meant to be good.

legend
    Free Member

If you keep it to the speed limit you’re probably right. Not a VW, but Mrs Legend has now done 30,000 miles in the last year in her 135bhp Vito – it’s averaged 37mpg in that time

chojin
    Free Member

It’s a huge vehicle, whilst not class leading – it’s not exactly *bad* for something of its size.

chojin
    Free Member

At 1000 miles per week, however… look elsewhere (unless someone else is paying for your fuel).

tazzymtb

massively expensive as a company vehicle if you are getting a fully maintained deal and the waiting list is long. I could have got BMW 520 M sport diesel Estate fully maintained on 30k/year for 4 years for less. 😯

EDIT: I was looking at the sportline kombi though as the normal one is a slow as s*** and wallows like wallowy thing!

chojin
    Free Member

As it’s a van, your BIK tax is capped at £50 p/m – which is nice. They can be had cheaply, but bear in mind the poverty spec model really is quite basic – I believe sound proofing and carpet are an optional extra.

rickmeister

Real world 32 – 35 mpg here… do you move your family 1000 miles a week ? Can you get a cheap car to pile on the miles ?

josh1982
    Free Member

Thanks……might have to have a look down the dealers………maybe back to the smax idea…….want 7 seats

Edit: or min 6

tazzymtb

also be aware that unless the V5 states that it’s a dual purpose vehicle rather than a commercial you will be limited to 50 on single carriage way, 60 on dual as you will count as a goods vehicle exceeding 2000kg

chojin
    Free Member

Blatant pic whoring opportunity:

rickmeister

And another…

alfabus
    Free Member

and another:

🙂

Dave

chojin
    Free Member

They’re all black!

Awesome looking vans there guys 8)

hammerite
    Free Member

If the lower purchase/lease cost helps then look at something like a Vivaro/Trafic, Fiat Scudo/Diablo or the Hyundai iLoad.

Maybe not as blingy as the VW, but cost a lot less.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

josh1982 – Member
    Regret the fuel consumption? Currently driving Honda accord 2.2 diesel getting 38mpg can’t be much worse…….off to look……..

Do you drive like the Stig? My 2.2 civic averages 48-50 mpg, and lot of that is the wife doing short town journeys, if I go on the motorway, I’m over 50, easily.

dti

my 105hp t5 does 38mpg average

alfabus
    Free Member

similar mpg for me… 2.5tdi 130bhp – 37-38mpg

same driving style gets me 55-60mpg in my A4 2.0tdi 140bhp.

Dave

the00
    Free Member

If work pay for fuel, they probably will consider the estimated per mile cost. Last time I looked these were shown in tables in company car and fleet mags.

chrismac

Make sure legally it’s a car and not a van. Friends have been done for speeding because they were obeying the car speed limit but because their VW t5 was technically a van and not a car they were speeding for a van and got done. Worth thinking about if you travel the motorways a lot

pacemaker
    Free Member

Speed limit is still 70 on a motorway, but 60 mph on a dual carriageway and 50 on a single carriageway.

redstripe
    Free Member

I’m a bit confused on the speed limit thing – I have a Toyota Hiace 120 D4D for family/bike transport etc. V5 has it as a 6 seater window van which it is (used to be disabled bus). Does that mean I also need to obey commercial van speed limits, or car ones, not been done yet but don’t want to be.
    It’s not good on diesel mpg btw but I do tend to thrash anything and made cheaper with (free) 50% veg oil mix. Still prefer it to previous VW T4 though. Have 3 VW T5’s at work which are nice to drive but lots of trim falls off or breaks inside

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New VW Transporter Kombi Pricing’ is closed to new replies.