Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Voodoo kids bikes
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Email from Halfords informs me that Voodoo are jumping on the bandwagon that is half-decent kids bikes. This is “No Bad Thing” in my book. Hardatails with 20″, 24″ and 26″ wheels.
    Anyone had a closer look at them to see how they are for weight, build quality etc?

thepodge
    Free Member

Considering that Voodoo are quite good anyway, (isn’t it a Titec / Jo Murray thing) I imagine they’ll be good but not good enough that people wont complain that they come from halfords.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Can’t find any info on this anywhere on t’internet
    Do you have link or anything that you can share?

I’ve got a Bizango and amazed at the quality and spec for the price, so I’m very interested in a kids range for the clan.
    Cheers

ads678
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

Quite dear, even with the discount with (the smallest) early rider and frog about for around £200

thepodge
    Free Member

Having looked around its not quite clear who Voodoo are these days.

There seems to be Voodoo (Halfords) and Voodoo (USA). In slightly classic fashion, Halfords seem to be pumping out perfectly adequate but not brilliant bikes while the USA are returning to high quality / high value.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Thanks – didn’t realise they were already for sale, thought it was a news article link or something.
    More expensive than I was expecting – especially without the discount!

Leku
    Free Member

The 26″ one looks ok for a 12 year old? With British Cycling discount it would be less than £300. And I can (in the usual STW way) stick my old 10 speed XT bits on one..

The Orbea is £380 and comes with cheaper kit.

akira

Spec for the 24″ one is wrong, seems to be spec for 20″ model instead.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The 26″ wheeled Nzumbi looks pretty decent for ~£300, shame they stopped at 15″ frames and didn’t do an 18″ and 20″ for us big kids! 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Voodoo kids bikes’ is closed to new replies.