Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Volvo XC90. FAIL
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Watching TT coverage on tv, advert for new Vulva XC90 – always liked the original XC90 (and own a V70). Had a google of it out of interest.

Uses Apple Carplay whatever the **** that is for the music/satnav/iphone integration.

Fail.Im out.

Kryton57

Cba.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks for letting us know!

Olly
    Free Member

I agree with the OP. “operating systems” are too divisive a thing to build into cars. They are putting off half the market, just because of who they signed a deal with.

legend
    Free Member

I assume the problem then is that it has Apple written on it rather than an actual issue? Doubt it’ll be much better/worse than most other integrated kit that cars have these days

mtbfix

Looks like a car cast from the same mould as most other current big SUVs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an xc60 r design.

It’s quite Ace.

Just thought I’d throw that in.

😛

Flaperon

Carplay or whatever it is just lets you use your iPhone / Android phone for music / sat nav if you want to. Not compulsory, the Volvo system can and does run entirely independently.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

As said you don’t need to run Apple car play, it’s just an option. The reason it stands out is that it demands a different USB output power, therefore there had to be a specially marked port for it.

maxtorque

I’d be more put off by the fact it seems to cost about 200 squillion pounds!

zilog6128

Better make sure your next motor is pretty niche then OP; looks like most major manufacturers are involved with Carplay!

RustyNissanPrairie

Is Carplay windows phone compatible?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an xc60 r design.

In Gold ?

OP so your biggest criticism of the car is that it runs Apple CarPlay ? For those griping of course all the sterio and other features run without an iPhone

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the audio system is the least of the problems…

It’s a bit fat pointless “SUV” or bulked up estate car.

bol

I’m rather excited that I will have the option to use CarPlay in my new Golf. Also fully aware that people with Android phones can use their integration and people with no phone at all can still happily use the native functionality.

Surely you didn’t think Volvo would be foolish enough to tie themselves to a single phone manufacturer did you OP?

Drac

Is Carplay windows phone compatible?

Carplay is Apple’s software so no.

What you need is Microsoft to do a version that manufacturers might be interested in.

angeldust
    Free Member

I’m sure Volvo are rethinking their spec as we speak in response to your criticism 🙄

timmys

It’s really simple, you have the Volvo setup (nav/audio/etc.) + additionally the option of integration with an iOS device. You ain’t losing anything by them adopting Carplay.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Looks like Volvo have designed an Audi Q7.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Given how popular the Q7/5/3 have been that’s probably not a bad idea, no ?

dawson

As an aside, saw an advert for a new Kia SUV (Sorrento?), and was struck by similarity to this new Volvo, esp front grille

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Volvo XC90. FAIL’ is closed to new replies.