Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Virgin Media Hub – Help!
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Moved house and got a new modem/router Virgin Media Hub. We’re having problems connecting to the internet on our laptops via wifi. Our iPhone and blackberrys work fine and so do our laptops if me plug in a network cable but the wifi is very hit or miss (normally miss).

Looked online and found lots of other complaints like this but no answers. Fairly technically minded and tried lots of things but no joy.

Please help!

piha
    Free Member

I have a similar problem with my Virgin media hub. Spoke to Virgin (who were quite helpful), changed the settings as advised but didn’t really sort the problem out. Virgin then reckoned I might have to get a new hub but as you say it seems a common problem so I will wait and see if the new hub is any good.

Houns

I’ve recently upgraded to 50mb and had a new modem + wireless router. The engineer couldn’t get it working on my laptop without the dongle, i had a play around with the settings and got it sorted.

Don’t ask me how i did it though – I think what did it was when i entered the network key to pair it all up i then switched the router off then on again then i my laptop connected straight away

samuri
    Free Member

What ‘Hub’ have you been given? We got ours installed a couple of weeks back and it’s been great. I did of course log in and change all the settings to something I was a bit happier with, not sure if that’s helped but all I really did was change the DHCP settings, the SSID and the wireless password.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Can’t remember the name but its one of these:

What did you change the settings to? I think our laptops are struggling to find correct IP addresses or get through the router security.

takisawa2

Could you just plug a Wireless router into one of the ethernet ports ?
    Ours isnt the hub type, its an older 20mb with seperate Netgear router, but it is tempremental in terms of booting up. Best to switch on in series, with the laptops last.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Virgin Media Hub – Help!’ is closed to new replies.